1.9// Stay

Neither of them said much after their confessions, and they sat in comfortable silence. Luke was rubbing soft circles into the skin of Melody's exposed hip, her tank top was riding up but she wasn't uncomfortable. It was nice having the comfort of someone holding you, and feeling warm and safe in their arms. Just the sound of their breathing filled the room, but they were happy; it was peaceful. Except for the fact that Melody really had to pee.

"Luke," Mel mumbled, she couldn't take it anymore her bladder was about to explode.

"Babe," he answered with a smirk.

"Bathroom," she said, shyly not daring to look at Luke. She was nervous he would start teasing her.

"Yeah, be quick," Luke laughed while releasing her from his grip.

She slid off of his bed, and away from the warmth and comfort of his arms. She grabbed her sweatshirt that was lying on the floor from when Luke had tugged it off of her. She padded off to the bathroom, but much to her dismay there was already a line.

"Ben's in there, he's getting ready for a date," Jack grumbled and pounded his fist against the wooden door.

"How long?" She squeaked, crossing her legs trying to lessen her need to use the bathroom.

"Don't know," he sighed, "hurry the fuck up, Ben!"

Melody was about to turn and head back to Luke's room when Jack caught hold of her arm. Melody raised an eyebrow at him and waited for him to speak.

"Luke can be an asshole sometimes, but stick with him will you?" He spoke in a hushed tone.
Melody gulped and nodded her head. "He's been happier since you've come around."

Melody felt herself blush, "um, I don't really know what to say." She wasn't prepared to have a conversation about her thing with Luke. She didn't really know what they were, she thought it kind of counted as friends with benefits; but she really did not want that. All she knew is that they both liked each other, and they really liked to kiss.  

Jack laughed at her bashfulness, "you'll be his first girlfriend, ya know."

"He dated Ali," Melody said, furrowing her eyebrows.

"First real girlfriend," Jack clarified, and laughed again. "Ali was never really his girlfriend, did you see them?"

"Too much for my liking," she scoffed, and scrunched up her nose.

"Trust me, I know," Jack shuddered, as he thought back to how when Ali was around there was actually never a moment that he could see Luke's face without her being attached to it.

"Yeah," Mel trailed off.

"Don't break his heart, I'll egg your house," Jack teased, and went back to slamming his fists against the bathroom door. She almost forgot about how badly she needed to use the bathroom until then. 

Melody took this as the end of the conversation and went to return to Luke. He was in the same exact spot, with arms wide open as she entered the room. (a/n: WITH ARMS WIDE OOOPPPEEEENNN UNDER THE SUNLIGHT WELCOME TO THIS PLACE I'LL SHOW YOU EVERYTHINGGGG... do u know creed or like am i singing to myself rn)

"Ben's going on a date and he's hogging the bathroom," Melody whined to Luke as she sat down on his bed.

"Ben's got a date?" Luke asked, amusement flashing in his eyes. He started to sit up, but Melody pushed his chest down. Luke raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Don't make fun of him," she scolded with her hands still pressing Luke's chest to his mattress.

"I wasn't going to make fun of him!" Luke retorted with a grin, that spoke for itself.