6

Sleep-walk

The morning sunshine gently caressed Tresa's face as she shuffling under the heavy sheets that kept her cozy

The morning sunshine gently caressed Tresa's face as she shuffling under the heavy sheets that kept her cozy. She groaned in defeat as the sun continued to tease her in her sleep. Her eyes would open and shut subtly, stuck between the choice of waking up or going back to sleep. But being the lazy bum she is, it only took her a split second to decide that she wanted more sleep. She pulled up the blanket over her head and snuggled closely to the thick pile that laid beside her. Her heart melted in content when she could feel the much needed warmth that she thought was perfect. Her nose took in the unfamiliar scent that lingered on her bed. Unknown, but soothing. However, her sleepy mind didn't give much thought to it as she was more interested in sleeping that paying attention to petty things.

While her chest was heaving up and down as she breathed, she felt something move around her.

More like, someone...

Her eyes widened and her body shot up from the bed, pulling the blanket downwards. She looked to her sides and -

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed her lungs out while quickly shuffled away from the bed, pulling all the covers with her as she fell to the ground with a loud THUD. Her eyes were wide open, staring into the plain, white ceiling, as she couldn't believe what she had just saw.

Slowly, a head poked out from above the bed, eyes meeting hers. The eyes of the said person widened in a fraction of seconds, "YOU! What are you doing in my bed!"

She heard the raspy morning voice that had just escaped from the lips of the pale man she was now facing.

"Oh, my god." She squealed, almost inaudible even to herself. Her hands covered her mouth in horror, thinking of the things that could've happened last night. But before she could complete her train of thoughts, events from last night hit her like a truck. Her getting drunk at her university party, knocking the wrong house door, slapping her neighbour thinking it was Jungkook, swearing at him, passing out on his couch and finally sleep-walking into his bedroom.

Her face flushed, so much that you wouldn't be able to spot the difference between her and a tomato.

"Are... Are you okay?" She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the same voice from the person she had caused so much trouble to. Her head shot to face him, embarrassment clearly visible on her face.

All she could do was gulp and then nod in reply. She was speechless and most of all humiliated by herself because of the things she had done.

"I-I-I'm sorry." She stuttered in a low voice, as though a huge chunk of brick was stuck in her throat.

The man's mouth sloped at this, his lazy eyes staring into hers, "Are you gonna stay on the floor the whole day?"

Tresa's brow jumped up in realisation and she quickly moved around to stand up to only slip on the sheets and fall on the cold surface of the white tiles.

"OUCH!" She winced, face scrunched up in pain.

Yoongi sighed in disappointment and got off the bed to help her up. And soon she was standing with her two legs up, and her hands in his. They awkwardly let go when Yoongi cleared his throat.

•••

"Again, thank you for taking care of me. And I'm really sorry for causing this inconvenience." Tresa bowed her head with acknowledgement.

"I honestly didn't take care of you. You passed out on my couch and that was it." He simply shrugged, handing her a cup of steaming hot coffee.

"And I'm so sorry that I slapped you. I didn't mean to. I thought you were-"

"Jungcock or jungshook or something? Yeah, I know. It's okay." He cut her off as he took a seat across from her on the dining table.

"Yeah... it's Jungkook." She managed a smile.

It was quiet now. And it got uncomfortable by every passing second. Tresa managed to gulp down the whole cup of coffee so that she could leave this awkward situation as soon as possible. Yoongi quietly eyed her when she was chugging down her coffee like her life it was the tastiest thing to ever exist. He noticed her every movement but said nothing. He could feel the heaviness as well.

"How did you manage to get into my bed?" He sounded more direct than he intended to be, resulting in Tresa almost spraying out the coffee that was in her mouth.

"I, uh... I sleep walk." She pursed her lips into a thin line, to which Yoongi just nodded in response.

She placed her coffee mug on the table and abruptly stood up, "Anyway, I have to leave now. Jungkook would be worried. Thank you and sorry, again." She bowed to him and paced out of the apartment before Yoongi got the chance to reply.

After she left, Yoongi sunk into his chair, black coffee still in his hands, "Guess she's not that bad." was the last thing he said before he let out a small smile.

——————

Hey, guys!! Here's another chapter for y'all! I hope you liked this chapter. I know the story is pretty slow for now but trust me it'll only get better.

And don't forget to vote, comment and share!! That would mean the world to me!!

Until next time!❤️