10

DATE

KNOCK! KNOCK!

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Shuffling sounds could be heard from the inside, and soon the door was swung open.

Yoongi's face was greeted by a gentle smile on Tresa's lips, making his heart skip a beat.

"Hey, Yoongi. I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

"Ah, no. No, you didn't." He scratched the back of his head and grinned, "Would you like to come inside?"

"Yeah, sure." Tresa took the offer and stepped in when Yoongi moved away to give way into his flat.

They took their seats on the couch across each other.

"What brings you here?"

"Oh, I was thinking if you'd like to go out with me."

Yoongi's eyes grew so big that it looked like they would roll off his face. Soon realising the way she sounded she squealed in embarrassment, "Oh, NO! I DIDN'T MEAN A DATE! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! I'M SORRY! I-"

Yoongi's sudden burst of laughter cut her off completely. He couldn't help but laugh at how flustered she got.

Tresa was awestruck looking at how Yoongi laughed for the first time. His cute, breathless laugh stopped when he noticed her gawking at him.

"I meant, if we could hang out for coffee or something. I feel like I need to treat you to repay the for things I've said or done to you..." her voice trailed off, gaze fixed on her fingers that were fidgeting with one another.

Yoongi smiled softly at this, "Like I said, you don't have to apologise nor do you have to treat me to make me feel better. You just reacted the way you did because I was being a jerk to you."

"But -"

"But I would like to go along with you as friends." He smiled at her. He saw how her smile grew bigger and her eyes turned to crescents.

"Yes! I'd love that! Thank you!"

"Now?" Yoongi asked, smile not yet fading.

"That would be good!"

"Okay." Yoongi stood up and involuntarily Tresa did too. He straightened his black pants, "Let's go."

•••

"So, are you a student or...?" Yoongi asked, sipping on his expresso shot.

"Yes. I'm studying Graphic design. It's my last year though. Can't wait to graduate!" She exclaimed with an eye smile.

"That's good. Any plans after graduating?"

"Hmm, I guess I'll start off with the smaller companies and try to climb up from there. I'd love to work with artists and actors some day."

"Singers too?"

"Yes! Of course! I wanna collaborate with Agust D some day, design his album cover page and stuff like that. It's gonna be so cool, don't you think?" She sucked on her iced coffee through her reusable straw. Sustainable living.

"Agust D?" Yoongi pretended like it was his first time hearing that name.

"Yes! Haven't you heard of him? He's like one of the best rappers the world has right now!" She explained, excitement lacing every word of hers.

"You don't seem like someone who's into rap songs."

Tresa pouted at the stupid stereotypical comment Yoongi had just made, "Don't let my small body fool you. There's a lot you don't know about me." She now smirked proudly at the man who chuckled from her reply.

Her heart melted when she had heard this serious man laugh.

"He's not that great anyway." Yoongi shrugged, trying to test her patience.

"What are you saying! He's the best! He's the most talented and hardworking artist I've ever seen."

"Every one is hardworking when it comes to their passion. What's new in that?"

"But he's different. Like, do you know how much courage it takes to leave home, penny-less, roaming the streets with no food for days just to be able to follow your passion of making music?"

Little did she know...

"Even after months and months of struggle and suffering he made his way to the top. His journey makes me love his music even more. It gives his songs meaning. Damn, I feel so motivated whenever I hear his songs. It makes me wanna be a better person, you know? And no other artist has made me feel this way."

Yoongi was awestruck by how much she had to say about his life. He stared at her with blank eyes, making it hard for her to read.

"I spoke a lot, didn't I?" She bit her bottom lip.

Fuck.

"No, no. I'm just... impressed, I guess. You know so much." Yoongi said, trying to calm himself down because of what she had just done.

"Yeah... he's my idol. It would be a shame to not know much about such an amazing person." She rested her chin on her palm.

"I guess." He smiled gently, "I hope that some day you get to collaborate with him."

——————

Such an indirect confession.

That's all I have to say.😂

Vote, comment and share!!!!❤️