15

MYSTERY MAN

Yoongi blushed to himself when scenes from two days ago kept flashing in his head

Yoongi blushed to himself when scenes from two days ago kept flashing in his head. Although, things had become a bit awkward between the two, it did spark a different kind of joy to know the Tresa felt something towards him.

There was very minimal communication happening between the two lovebirds. If they ever came face-to-face with each other in the corridor or streets, Tresa would just wave or smile awkwardly and try her best to escape the scene as soon as she could.

And today was no exception.

"Hey... Yoongi." She threw her awkward smile that he had seen a countless times already from the past two days.

"Hi, Tresa?" He managed a smile, "Going somewhere?"

"Uh, yeah. Just the market."

"Oh, okay! I'll see around, then."

There was a long pause as the two stood frozen in their spot. The atmosphere only got thicker and thicker with every passing second.

"On a second thought, I need to get something as well. Do you mind if I join you?" Yoongi asked, nervousness evident in his tone.

"That's would be nice." Tresa sighed internally.

•••

"Anything else left?" Yoongi asked as Tresa checked her grocery list.

It was more than evident that Yoongi had just made up an excuse of buying something. But Tresa let it slide since the air around them was starting to get normal.

"Hmm, that's all."

The two started making their way to their apartment as checking out at the store.

"Hey, I'm sorry." Yoongi said.

Tresa raised her brows in confusion, "About what?"

"The... kiss. I was wrong for me to try it. I guess the drugs were just messing with me head. I'm-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Yoongi. It's okay." Tresa's smile made Yoongi sigh in relief.

The air was finally clear.

"Hey... if you don't mind me asking..."

"What is it, Yoongi?" Tresa asked as she lightly skipped her way towards the entrance of the apartment, but abruptly stopped after what Yoongi asked next.

"Who was that guy? Back in the hospital?"

He saw the sudden change in Tresa's behaviour. She looked... scared.

She turned around to meet his face and gave him a small smile, "He's just a scar in my life."

•••

I shouldn't have asked such a personal question. Why? Why would you do this, you dumbass! You've ruined everything again now!

Yoongi couldn't stop mentally scolding himself after he unintentionally invaded her privacy.

He was never a curious person about others' lives, but the incident that took place in the cafeteria the other day really made him wonder.

Questions about the unknown man swarmed his head because the moment he showed up, he noticed the same fear hidden behind Tresa's face. And Jungkook, well, he looked like a wolf ready to pounce on this mysterious man named Jin.

•••

"Hey, you're ba-" Jungkook stopped midway when he saw Tresa's red, glossy eyes. He immediately advanced to her, worried, "Hey, what happened?

She sniffled, "Nothing."

Jungkook was beyond worried now, "It doesn't look like nothing. C'mon tell me." He took her to the couch and sat her down.

He wrapped his arms around her as she quietly cried into his chest, "Why? Why did he have to reappear now?"

"Who- oh." Anger started to boil in Jungkook's blood now, "I wish you had let me punch that smirk from his face that day!"

"I was finally starting to be happy. I hate myself so much."

"Hey!" Jungkook pulled her back by her shoulders and looked at her, "It wasn't your fault, okay? None of it was. He was just a fucking moron who could never realise worth. You shouldn't be wasting your tears on a useless piece of crap like him."

Jungkook gave her a soft smile and wiped her tears with his thumb.

"Thanks." She smiled lightly, "Even though you're an idiot, you sure know how to make me smile."

"HEY!"