26

SECRET

"Where are you taking us, Yoongi?" Tresa hugged her cardigan to her chest, looking out of the window

"There's something I want to show you." Yoongi was hesitant, and Tresa noticed it but she decided to be patient.

Her eyes were fixed on the sun that was sinking into the horizon, leaving an orange residue in the sky.

"We're here."

•••

Tresa was awestruck with the interiors of his studio. It was filled with large music equipments and systems. But a part of her was confused as to why he had brought her here, "Yoongi... why did you get us here?"

"Tres... there's something I've been hiding from you." Yoongi gulped. Tresa didn't want to overthink, but her mind couldn't help but race with various possibilities.

Was this the truth Jungkook was talking about?

"Yoo-"

Her voice was cut off when she heard a rap she knew all too well. Her eyes grew wide when she saw who it was that said the verses with such ease.

"Sarami cham gansahagin haji
Han myeongi eopseum dachil geol almyeonseo
Seoro nappeun saekkin dwegi shilkie
Aemaehan chaegimjeongaye yeonsoge umm umm
Jichil mankeum jichyeoseo dweryeo pyeonghaengi dwaetne
Ay ireon pyeonghaengeul baran geon aninde"

There was a moment of silence...

Eerie silence.

"Say something, Tres..." Yoongi whispered, careful not to break the delicate atmosphere.

Tresa flinched, "I- oh, my god... Yoongi... w-who exactly are you?"

"Do I have to rap another verse to make you realise?"

Her palms made its way to her mouth that was hanging agape, "This is so embarrassing. Oh, my god. OH, MY FUCKING GOD!"

She screamed and jumped in her place, "You're Agust D! THE AGUST D! HOLY SHIT!" She pounced onto a shocked Yoongi. He couldn't believe her reaction. Saying that he was relieved was an more than an understatement.

"Oh, god, I'm so embarrassed! I literally ruined your song right in front of you." She let out another scream that was a mix of cringe and joy.

Yoongi finally let out a warm chuckle, "This wasn't the reaction I was expecting but I'm glad to know that you're not angry at me."

Tresa pulled away, "Angry? Why would I be angry?"

"Because I hid this from you. I should've told you during our first date, but I was scared."

"Yoongi... I could never be mad at you for this. I know where you're coming from. I understand." She cupped his face gently and smiled, "But you let me know before it was too late. So I'm happy that you trust me with this. But, OH MY GOD! YOU'RE REALLY AGUST D? Ughhhhh, I love you more now!"

"It feels like you would've left me if someone else was Agust D." Yoongi mumbled as he looked down at her glowing face.

"I'd never. It's good my boyfriend and my idol are the same person. A bonus package." She winked.

Yoongi scoffed, amused, "I love you." He peppered her face with kisses.

"I love you, too!" She giggled through his kisses.

•••

"You know? Jungkook was this close to revealing your secret." She chuckled as Yoongi played with her little fingers.

"What!" Yoongi froze.

"Which is why I came to your flat this evening. To clarify." She twisted around to meet his face, hands resting on his chest, "But then, I saw Jihae..."

Yoongi did nothing but rub soothing circles on her back.

"You still haven't told me about her." She pouted.

Yoongi sighed, "She's just someone who helped my career. She helped with publicising it and was there for me when I left home. She found me and helped me since she knew I had a talent for rapping. But now, she thinks that my success is all because of her. And she expects us to be more than just friends. I'm thankful to her, really... but it's frustrating."

"Hey." She placed a hand on the side of his face, "You're here because of your talent. I hope you know that. Don't let her step on you like your success wasn't your responsibility as well, okay? I'm here for you if anything happens."

Yoongi placed his hand on top of her, "I know."

Their lips connected in a soft kiss.

"MIN YOONGI!" The door of the studio burst opened with a familiar voice booming through.

The couple jerked up to see the mauve-haired man accompanied by the orange-haired man.

Everyone in the room froze.

But Tresa's heart skipped a beat when she saw the newspaper in their hands... another article.