19

DISTRESSED

"It's a beautiful place, Yoongi

"It's a beautiful place, Yoongi. I love it." Tresa smiled, tightening her grasp around Yoongi's fingers as they snuggled together in the balcony.

"I come here often when I want a break. It's peaceful to look at the sea." Yoongi tucked Tresa's hair behind her ear.

"Thank you." Yoongi looked at her with a puzzled look on his face, "For bringing me to a place so special to you."

Yoongi kisses her forehead, "Of course."

The two sat in silence as they observed the sky turn a lilac colour embellished with orange clouds that were saying their goodbyes to the setting sun.

•••

"Thank you, once again." Tresa said shyly as her fingers played with each other, "I enjoyed my time with you."

"Me too." Yoongi took her hands and rubbed them reassuringly.

Tresa tiptoed and planted a quick peck on Yoongi's lips, "Bye!" She sang and quickly ran into her flat, leaving a stunned Yoongi behind, alone in the corridor.

Although they had already kissed quite a few times today, neither of them were used to the fact that they were more than just neighbours now.

"Hyung!"

Yoongi was broken out of her spell when he heard a familiar voice echo through the corridor.

"Jungkook." Yoongi faced the younger male, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"What are you doing standing over here, looking so lost?"

Yoongi cursed inside his head. Even though this boy had a bad memory, he had great skills at reading people without much effort.

"Ah, it's nothing." Yoongi paused to observe Jungkook's expression that clearly said he didn't believe him, "Actually! I was here to meet you."

Jungkook's eyes grew by a fraction, "What's up?"

"Just a reminder about tomorrow's recording session."

"Oh, yes. No need to remind me, Hyung! I've been sleepless for nights thinking about it. Do you see these dark circles."

A bit of an exaggeration, but Yoongi got his point.

"Better be prepared for tomorrow." Yoongi turned around to reach his apartment, "I won't be easy on you."

•••

The next day was cramped up in the studio, practicing and editing the song the duo had prepared.

"Yeah, at this part I'll sing in a mix of falsetto and full voice, like this - don't fall away, yeah - is that okay?"

"Yes, that's good."

Again, since Jungkook already knew his strengths and how to improvise, it didn't take long for them to record their song. Yoongi, too, finished his verses in a single take.

The mixing was what took the most time, adding and removing certain parts and editing in the adlibs for the song.

"Hey, idiots!" Yoongi called his fellow-rappers who were busy arguing on whether or not mint chocolate ice cream should be declared illegal.

After grabbing their attention, he gestured them to join him and Jungkook for the final hearing.

"Dude, I knew you had a good voice. But now I'm glad that you chose to strictly take up music and not waste your talent. This is a freaking masterpiece!" Hoseok gasped after listening to the whole piece.

"I agree. The fact that Yoongi has collaborated, will send the mass into a frenzy. Especially with a singer? Oh, god, I can't wait to hear the public reviews!" Namjoon added.

"I can't-"

The discussion was interrupted by a buzzing near-by. Everyone checked their phones, "It's mine." Jungkook chimed, "Sorry, just a moment."

He slid the green button across the screen and kept the phone near his ears, "Hello?"

The trio observed how Jungkook's cheery smile faded away into a frown, "What happened?"

Even though they didn't know who was on the other side of the phone, it was starting to get nerve racking to see Jungkook's distressed state.

Jungkook threw a glance at Yoongi before looking ahead again, "Okay, just- just calm down, okay? Everything's gonna be okay. I'll be there soon."

He cut the call and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" Yoongi stood up with Jungkook.

"Ah, it's noona. I gotta go."

Yoongi froze, "What- what happened? Is she okay?"

"I don't know, Hyung. She seemed pretty stressed and on the verge of pulling all the hair off her head."

"I'm coming too."

Namjoon and Hoseok exchanged confused looks when their friend was starting to get riled up about the girl.

Jungkook nodded.

"I'll see you guys, tomorrow. Get home safely." Yoongi said before leaving the studio with Jungkook.

"Is he hiding something from us?" Hoseok mumbled into Namjoon's ears.

"Looks like it." The latter said, his mouth hanging agape.