28

SACRIFICE

After the driver dropped her at her apartment, she barged into her flat and threw herself on the couch, crying out loud

"Noona! What the hell! What's wrong!" Jungkook came running from the kitchen, hastily removing his apron and throwing it before rushing to her side.

To say that he was worried would be no where close to just an understatement.

"Jungkook!" She sobbed as she rested her forehead on her his shoulder, "Why does my life suck so hard? Why does it have to always go wrong when I'm finally happy?"

"What happened, Noona?" Jungkook asked softly, wrapping his hands around her frame delicately.

"I-I broke up with him." She sniffled.

"What? Why would you do that, noona?"

"He told me who he really was, Jungkook. I couldn't let the media exposed it, so I broke up with it before it was too late to turn back." Tresa lifted her head up to look at Jungkook's worried face, "What I did was right, wasn't it, Jungkook?"

The young man sighed, "Noona, I don't want to take anyone's side. But, don't you think you're being selfish? You didn't even give him a chance to explain what he really wanted. You just chose for yourself and for him without even asking what he really wanted. Don't you think that was a bit unfair on his part?" Jungkook explained, "There's nothing I can do but be there for you, noona. And I will be there. But its upto you to figure out if you're gonna let the media ruin something beautiful or if you're gonna follow what your heart truly wants."

Tresa took in a deep breath, "I broke his heart, Jungkook. I broke it and left him alone to pick them up. I'm such an idiot!" Her tears made an appearance again and her heart clenched at the thought of Yoongi's broken expression before she left him at then studio.

"You're not an idiot. You were just blinded by trauma and it's not entirely your fault. I hope you realise what you want and fix it." He stroked her head, giving her his iconic bunny-smile.

"Thank you, Kookie."she whispered as she sank into his chest.

"Rest up for now." He swayed her lightly until her eyes got heavy and she completely fell asleep.

Jungkook sighed, wondering if he deserved an award for taking such good care of his best friend. He picked her up effortlessly - thanks to all the gym sessions - and took her to her room, gently tucking her under the sheets.

•••

Yoongi stared blankly into the white ceiling, mind wandering to places he couldn't fathom. He was lost. It was as if Tresa had stolen his heart and mind.

He was heartbroken, and he could understand how much it broke her as well to have sacrificed this relationship for his peaceful life. He didn't want to understand why she did it, but he knew exactly why she did it.

She respected his private life more than he did, and he knew why. Because she never had one to begin with. The media was a hawk, waiting every second to prey on a delicious news that could eat her up. And she didn't want Yoongi to become their prey as well.

I shouldn't have let her walk out.

I should've followed her.

I should've stopped her from leaving.

He was supposed to keep her safe. He was supposed to be there for her rather than letting her fight through it alone.

He cursed at himself for not keeping his promises.

You're such a fucking idiot, Min Yoongi!

He jolted up on the couch. His mind now scheming ways that could save what he had with Tresa.

Was this how it was supposed to end?

Was I going to end up becoming a scar in her life just like her ex?

Was this all I could do for my love?

FUCK YOU, MIN YOONGI!

Next will be the EPILOGUE!!
The EPILOGUE will be out on Friday!!
I hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far
Please vote and comment to show your support, it would mean a lot to me!❤️