Chapter 2

I arrived to the Chicago bus station and sat on a nearby bench. I looked around and saw familiar settings. Chicago was my hometown. It honestly felt nice seeing it.

I unlocked my phone and read the text messages from josh

He wasnt to happy about my move. he broke up with me ,through text, while I was arriving here. I wasn't bummed about it. I never felt any connection with him. I never felt a connection with any guy from carter lane, actually. I was sure not to miss him.

I exited out my text and logged into my Facebook. I scrolled through my news feed to kill time. A couple of my friends messeged me telling me they had missed me but I felt nothing back.

For years I was careless of others. I tried so hard to care but I felt nothing. Many reasons were for it , I just didn't admit it to myself.

"T-Talia?"

I looked up and my mother standing in front of me. Shock, obviously, was shown.

I waved ...."Hey mom" I said.

She nodded her head and cleared her throat.

"Common hunny let's get your bags in the car and head home"

I threw my bags in the trunk and got in the car. The car smelt nice and clean. It looked brand new. I examined my mother. I haven't seen her in over 5 years. She looked good. I could tell she was clean. I knew she probably didn't like the way I looked but fuck it right.

20 minutes later She pulled up In a rocky drive way.

"Ok sweety, I'll have Sarah and Perez get your bags go inside and get comfortable " my mother said to me .

I entered the house and was suprised. The house looked very nice. Everything looked spotless and perfect.

I heard moms footsteps behind me .

"SARAAHHHH, PEREEEZZ" she yelled throught the house.

I stood there curious. Who is sarah and Perez?

A tall slender women walked down the stairs. She look to be in her mid 40's and had long hair to her hips.

"My daughter is out with her friends playing basket ball Anne" the women said.

" well I guess Talia you will meet Perez later, sarah can you help me get her bags please?" My mom spoke to me and Anne.

I sat in the living room until my mother came back with my bags. She led me to my room . which was upstairs across from the girl named "Perez" room.

My room was nice. A king sized bed with a screen TV. I have no idea how the hell my mom got all these nice things. It was shocking. I roamed around the room than went in the hall and found the bathroom. I entered and closed the door.

I stood in front of the mirror and lifted my shirt revealing my stomach. A faint scar appeared across it. I turned to the side and examined myself. I felt bloated as always.

I had the tendency to feel fat when I was actually underweight. Too underweight.

I walked back into the room and unpacked my bags. After I was done I felt restless. I layed in my new bed and felt my eyes close as I drifted off to sleep.