chapter 8

Talia POV

I walked back to my room with dread. How could I've been so stupid.

I embarrassed myself and possibly my reputation in this town. I sat on my bed . I could her my mom and Sarah pulling in the drive way .

" I hope she doesn't tell them what happen" I whispered to myself.

"I wont" a voice said.

It was Perez

" instead what I want to know is why you did it and I refuse to leave until you tell me at least something that's causing you to slowly kill yourself" she added sadly.

Kill myself? Now that I think of it. That's what it boils down to. I never noticed it until now. I began to cry. I was broken. More broken than I even intended to know.

I felt hands whiping my tears.

"Tell me" she said.

I breathed slowing and clasped my eyes shut. I didn't want to talk. Either way I had to.

"I-i"

"PERREEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" a faint shout from Sarah roared.

"Shit , look I'll be back in a little. I'm going to take you somewhere so be ready" was the last words Perez said before she ran to her mother.

It didn't take long for her to return. she drove to a near by park and we walked the trails. She wanted me too talk first. After minutes if me not talking she gave in.

She guided me to a bench and looked around before looking at me "can I ask you something?"

I nodded my head , kicking the leaves under my feet.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

I sighed , a constant question. .

"Its a long story Perez" I said .

" I'm willing to listen" she argued.

"When I was a child, my mom was on drugs. She was so high that she couldn't even remember anything around her that was happening. My father was the "love of her life". Feeding her all the drugs she wanted. When he noticed what they did to her he took advantage of it. His attention to me got more and more immune. He would buy me things tell me he loves me but then it got worse. He started coming into my bedroom at night. And - he ".

I couldn't continue. I was crying hysterically. Perez pulls me close and rubs my back Comfortingly.

"He did it for years and I would get in trouble so he would whip me with switches I have scars from them. When I was 13 I got pregnant. He resufed to let me keep my son. And left him at the hospital so he was placed for adoption "

"You blame yourself don't you" she said. I nodded and continued to cry.

"You shouldn't blame yourself it was never your fault" she said while picking my chin up.

"I'm going to be here to help you lia, I promise you that"