chapter 5

Talia POV

"So hunny how do you feel being back home?" My mother asked.

I shrugged my shoulders carelessly " its cool I guess"

"I've decided to sign you up for on-line classes considering you have a hard time staying out of trouble in public schools" she added.

I got up to throw away my trash. I had nothing to say . part of me was happy that I didn't have to go to public school. Although I knew I would soon feel isolated from the world. How would I make friends? Hah , yeah right I have no life who would want to break through my shell to be my friend anyway? .

We packed everything and loaded it in the car once we were finished . shortly after we sat down and drunk a glass of piña coladas.

I was half way finished when I saw a group three guys and 2 girls come our way. They were directing to Perez while stilling glances at me.

"Aye bro you wanna play ball?" They asked her.

She agreed and grabbed the ball .

"Hunny go with Perez" my mom said annoyingly.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I didn't have time to play a sport I sucked at.

I looked at Perez and she was beckoningly nodding her head toward the basket ball court.

Defeated I got up and followed . the 2 girls that were walking along with Perez kept glancing back at me and then saying something to Perez that I couldn't hear. This infuriated me. I didn't like to be talked about. I had a bad temper and I wanted to pop off but I had to keep my composure.

I sat on the bleachers and watched as they played ball. Perez was really good. She had the height and skills for it. I however am to short for my own good and very uncoordinated. My type of talent was writing, poems and such. Along with singing. Although with my shyness around big crowds it would get me no where what so ever.

Perez took a break and sat next to me .

"Why aren't you playing ball with us?" She asked.

I stayed quiet too shy to answer and to guilty due to my attitude I gave her yestersay.

"I'll get you to talk to me eventually just wait on it !" She added as she got back up to play ball one more time before we began to head home.