chapter 23

Perez POV

Ever since I told talia that she would be mine she has been avoiding me today everyone in the house were going out for another cookout at the park.

I rode in my car with my mother while talia and Noell rode with laura. A lot of shit was going through my head. Is she scared to love? Is she not into girls? Or am I moving to fast? .

All these questions I didn't have answers to over welmed me. I tried to talk to her but she made up a excuse or simply ignored me.

I watched as talia got out the car . she helped Noell get out his booster seat and Laura walked over to a near by car. A tall dark man got out and a younger version of him did as well. Immidiatley the young mans eyes darted to talia.

I quickly got out the car and went over to find out who they were.

"Hey laura who are your friends?" I asked forwardly.

"Oh hunny this is friend John and this is his some Daniel"

"Oh hello" I said blankly while mugging Daniel.

Shortly laura bring over Talia to meet her "friends"

I watched carefully. Daniel showed a flirty grin and talia return the gesture. Defeated I walked away with my head down and my hands in my pockets.

It hurt and I was jealous. I no longer wanted to be here.

Talia POV

I get daniel tap my foot under the table and I smiled nudging him back. For the night me and daniel have been carelessly flirting. Something made me feel like this was wrong but my mother looked happy so I went along with it.

It was hard to do. Perez was quiet the whole time she hadn't said a word to anyone. I new she was angry at me. I've been avoiding conversation with her for the past week.

The cookout lasted about 3hours until we finally packed everything back into the car and said our goodbye to our guests. Before getting in my car daniel gave me a hug. As he left off all I saw was perez looking at while emotionlessly.