Chapter 1

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Outfit Above ^^^)

April 14th, 2013

It's been 6 weeks since I've left Mystic Falls. My brothers used to call me every day, but now it's turned into a call once a week from Stefan. Klaus still calls me every day, but I've never answered him or listened to his voicemails. Turns out the only calls I'll answer are from Victor and Daniel, who have now gone to Nashville, Tennessee. There wasn't really a reason on why they decided to go there, I just got a text saying that they were heading there and to call if I get into trouble. I'll meet up with them in a few days. Then again it might be less than that if I hit another dead end because that's all I seem to be able to find in this city.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing, about my real father here. The witches won't answer me. I'm not sure if it's because they hate the fact that I'm a hybrid or they hate werewolves in general, or it's because they're scared of Marcel. If it's because of Marcel, then I need to start asking his crew if they know anything. Although it's not just the fact that I can't find anything on my father or my oldest son, no it's the fact that there is nothing on werewolves at all. It was if they were wiped from the face of this city, which I'm starting to think might be true. Though Marcel might kill me if I try and get info out of his people, not to mention his minions might rat me out and I didn't have time for either of those things.

On another note, Marcel didn't seem that concern with me being here. He preferred that I wasn't, but when he realized I had no intention to lure Klaus here and actually wanted to get away from my ex, he let me stay.

I watched people walk by Rousseau's, as I waited for Jane-Anne, the bartender, to bring me the drink I ordered. Even though most of the witches were scared to help me, Jane tried to point me in the right direction. I respected the witch in a way, you know, for not being afraid of Marcel and helping me find my family. Though this also caused me to not trust her completely since witches are known to hate my kind.

"Is that one of Marcel's men?" Jane-Anne asked and I sighed as I took the glass of bourbon from her. There had been a guy standing across the street from the bar. He had a perfect view of me, despite the fact that he was supposed to be "on the phone." I had been here for three hours, thinking and talking with Jane, and he hadn't moved or ended his call since I arrived.

I looked at Jane-Anne and said, "Honestly they need to get better at their job. I know Marcel still doesn't trust me, but I stay out of his business so he should stay out of mine. I.e. the occasional spy coming to make sure I'm not secretly meeting up with my ex." Jane-Anne laughed at my sarcasm. I took a sip of my bourbon and almost spit it out in a heartbeat. "What the fuck?"

"What?" Jane asked, confused.

"This bourbon taste like shit," I explained and gave to her. "Can I get a water? I need to wash the taste out of my mouth." Jane nodded and gave me a glass of water. "I don't understand what's going on with me. For the past few days, every bit of alcohol you serve me taste horrible."