Chapter 18

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Dress Above ^^^)

June 25th, 2013

I was standing in front of a mirror, trying to fasten the zipper on the white dress I found in the closet. It was probably Rebekah's. The dress obviously wasn't designed for someone who was 4 and a half months pregnant, but it did fit. I rubbed my hand over my belly as I smiled down at it. Even though the zipper on my back was open. I saw Klaus appear at the door behind me, and I saw him through the mirror.

"Would you like some help?" He asked and I smiled. God, I hated it when he was in the room with me, because it took everything in me not to kiss him.

"You might need to use all your hybrid strength," I joked and Klaus walked up behind me while chuckling.

"Allow me," Klaus said and stood behind me. I moved my hair to one side as he zipped up my dress. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his hands on my stomach.

"Thank you," I said to him. "Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess." Although I did like the legend. The reminder that women can be oppressed by selfish men and how they can triumph when brave enough to fight for themselves.

He looked at me through the mirror, "I think you look lovely. Only I would..." Klaus touched the birthmark on my shoulder, and I covered it with my hand.

"I know, keep the freaky werewolf birthmark covered. Despite the fact that I'm a hybrid," I told him.

"Yes, I don't suspect anyone here would dare lay a hand on you, knowing you're under my protection. I still don't want to take the chance," Klaus explained and I smiled at the sincerity in his words. Then one of the babies kicked my lungs and I took a deep breath.

"Seems like that daughter of yours recognizes your voice and thinks my lung is a punching bag." I teased him and he laughed, then kissed my shoulder lightly. I closed my eyes for a moment and leaned my head against his chest. All I want is to stay in his arms. It felt so nice here. So comfortable.

"You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you," Klaus mentioned in a slight whisper, hoping I would agree with him. He also pulled me a little closer to him, realizing how relaxed I became in his arms.

"I don't know," I said. "I feel like if we make plans something going to come up, or you're going to plan something that will get in the way of that." Klaus nodded and let his hands drop to the side.

"Thought I ask," He said, trying to hide the disappointment in his voice.

"Klaus, do you mind?" I asked and gestured at the dress' zipper. He smiled before undoing the zipper for me, then took off and left me to change out of the dress.

~