Chapter 30

Alex's P.O.V

July 11th, 2013

I shot up in bed, around 3 am when I heard someone scream. Davina. I got out of bed, waking Klaus up in the progress and sped to my room. I opened the door and rushed to her side. Marcel rushed in behind me with Daniel, Klaus, and Elijah. Davina shot up in bed and I sat next to her. She looked around the room confused until her eyes landed on me, then she clung onto me. I cradled her into the crook of my neck.

"Shh, shh," I said, in order to comfort her. "You're ok, you're safe Davina." Davina's grip didn't loosen, Marcel slowly made his way over to me and squatted down next to my legs. He placed his hand on her shoulder and she jumped, turning her head to him quickly.

"Hey, D, it's just me," Marcel said and she calmed down a bit, realizing who was talking to her.

"Marcel?" She asked weakly and he nodded. Davina then went back to laying her head on my chest, finding comfort in the way I was holding her. I was doing what Damon used to do when I had nightmares as a young child. He would just hold me and reassure me that I was safe until I fell asleep or pulled away.

Marcel looked at me worried and I sighed as I placed my chin on top of Davina's head, which made me look at the other three men in the room. Elijah and Daniel were concerned for what was inside Davina's dreams, Klaus, on the other hand, was watching me and the way I cared for her. I looked down at her, pulling away a bit.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" I asked her. She was only 16 after all and had been through so much for someone her age. I felt Davina nodded her head and I rubbed her back while whispering, "Ok. Let's get you under the covers then."

Davina slowly peeled away from me and got under the covers. I looked up at Klaus and smiled. "Can you go get my pillow from your room please?" I asked him. He nodded before speeding out and coming back with the pillow minutes later. I took it and got into bed on Davina's left. She turned towards me and cuddled into the side of the pillow, trying to stay close to me.

I ran my hand through her hair as she slowly fell asleep, and the men left the room. The last one being Marcel, as he did not want to part from her in this state. "She'll be fine," I said to him. "I'm going to be here all night long, so she's not alone." Marcel looked into my eyes and I gave him a kind smile. He looked at the little witch sleeping peacefully beside me and nodded before leaving the room.

~

I opened my eyes the next morning expecting to see Davina lying there, but instead, she was sitting up with her knees close to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. I turned my head to see it was around noon. "Hey," I said to her and she didn't look at me. She just stared out, lost in her own thoughts. That's not good. "Davina?" She looked at me slightly.

Davina didn't say anything, just stared at me. Her face held no emotion apart from how unsafe she felt. I slowly sat up and leaned against the headboard. Davina watched me as I moved, then turned back to staring at the wall. She wasn't herself. There was no spark in her like it had been snuffed out. Davina had also had a consent frown on her face like she wanted to cry but ran out of tears. The door then opened and Marcel came in with a shopping bag.

"Hey, D, how do you feel?" He asked her and she said nothing. "Got you some stuff-" Marcel moved to small the dresser in the corner of the room. "Organic soap and scented candles," He turned back to us showing the incense sticks in his hand. "Some incense." He paused when he saw her not looking and put the sticks down. "Just trying to help you get back to feeling, you know - yourself."

Marcel looked at me and I looked down at my lap before he slowly took a few steps towards her. "Word on the street is, the witches are celebrating." He told us and she looked at him. "3 out of the 4 girls sacrificed in the harvest have come back," Davina then turned her head to the wall. "First, it was your friend Monique and then another girl, now you." Davina opened her mouth but closed it quickly after. "What I hear, others are saying that the ancestors were with them while they were...dead, you know, talking to them, teaching them. They say they're stronger than ever." Marcel watched her carefully, not wanting to ask the obvious question, so I did it for him.