Chapter 11

Alex's P.O.V

Klaus didn't leave my side while Sophie double checked all the ingredients Rebekah got. "Where's Victor and Daniel?" I asked him.

"Looking for Agnes," Klaus informed. "Don't worry about them, love, just focus on getting better." I nodded and Sophie turned to us.

"Get her to the pool," Sophie demanded and grabbed all the herbs before going downstairs. Klaus picked me up, bridal style, and carried me downstairs with his sibling following close behind us.

It was night time now and I was wrapped in a towel, sitting outside beside the swimming pool. Klaus squatted in front of me, checking my temperature for the 50th time, while Rebekah stood behind me. Elijah was busy assisting Sophie in helping with the herbs, so I wouldn't lose both my children. Klaus stood up and shrugged off his jacket, then rolled up his sleeves.

"She's burning up! We need to do this now," Klaus yelled.

"Get her in the water!" Sophie commanded. Klaus jumped into the pool as Elijah help me get in. Sophie mixed herbs in a cup and followed us into the water as well.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help," Rebekah commented, anxiously. She was as worried as I was. Klaus lead me into the middle of the pool.

"Her temperature is sky-high. The water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." Sophie explained handed me the herbal concoction. "Drink this!" As we were walking in the pool, I drank the herbs and Sophie turned to Klaus. "You're going to have to get her heart rate down," She said to him.

"How do you suggest I do that?" He asked her and I clung onto him as we walked.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure," Sophie expounded and I handed her the cup.

"This is never gonna work." Rebekah doubted. I wrapped my arms around Klaus's neck and he picked me up bridal-style again.

"Davina will break the link, we just need time," Elijah told us. I rested my forehead on Klaus's shoulder, and the original watched me carefully. I'm so woozy. I want to go to sleep.

"Stay awake, love," Klaus whispered. I nodded into his neck as my hand bunch up the fabric of his shirt. Please, I can't lose my children. Not again. Panic is the only word that explained how I felt. Feeling more air leaving my lungs, I felt the panic take its place as I began to hyperventilate.

"Klaus. Klaus! I can't breathe!" I exclaimed, frightened.

"Alex, Alexandria," I looked at him. "You're going to be okay. I'm right here, I won't let anything happen to you. Just take long deep breaths. Focus on my voice," I did as he said and closed my eyes. "You'll be okay. You'll be okay." He whispered and I began to calm down as he submerged me into the water more. Then all I felt was pain.

"AHHHH! AHHHH!" I screamed as I began to trash in Klaus's stronghold with my hand on my stomach. I could sense Klaus's worry, but he just tried to comfort me.

"Alex, Alex," I kept screaming. "Breath," Klaus told me.

"I can't," I groaned. The pain felt like I was being shot in the stomach, multiple times. I heard Sophie gasped as I continued to cry in pain.

"I just felt it lift," Sophie said with disappointment.

I kept my hand on my stomach, and the pain started to slowly disappear. Rebekah and Elijah sighed in relief. I started to calm down, and Klaus looked stunned. I continued to hold onto him and rest my head in his neck. Klaus placed his chin on the top of my head. After a while, I stood up on my own, though still leaning against Klaus, weak from the spell. Sophie removed one of her earrings and poked her palm with it.

Klaus removed the hand that was holding onto his shirt and looked at my palm. No mark. "Thank god," I whispered and wrapped my arms around Klaus's neck, in a hug. Klaus held me close and rubbed my back, then kissed my forehead. I'm free. I can leave this damn city. Klaus then quickly started to lead me out of the pool.

"Come on, let's go." He said to me. Once I was in the shallow part of the pool, Klaus leaned into my ear and whispered, "I'll be back," then sped away. I looked around and Sophie looked worried.

"Elijah... as soon as your brother gets to Agnes, he'll kill her. I know you don't owe me anything, but please, don't let him kill her," Sophie begged. Elijah pulled his phone out of his jacket on the table as I continued to walk towards the stairs of the pool. "Elijah! She's our only access to the power we need to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him!"

Elijah ignored her and dialed a number into his phone before raising it to his ear. It's probably Klaus, though I didn't listen in. "It's me, where are you?" Elijah said in a beat tone. "Don't hurt her. I'll be there shortly." He hung up and turned to Sophie. "I'll make you one last promise. I won't let my brother kill Agnes." Sophie nodded at him gratefully as he walked away. The witch and I turned to get out of the pool, but I stopped her at the steps.

"I know you were just using me to save your people, but try it again, and I'll kill you myself," I threatened and got out of the pool. Rebekah wrapped a towel around me and brought me into a hug. "I'm ok Rebekah." I rubbed my baby bump. "We all are." Rebekah smiled at me as she led me up to my room to get changed.

~

I got dressed after I said goodbye to Rebekah. My phone buzzed on my bed and I saw it was Damon. I stared at it for a while, before answering it. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," He replied. Daniel's words came back to me. "Are you ok?"

I nodded, "Yeah," I replied. I looked down at my bump and thought about today's events. "Damon, can I ask your advice?"

"Shoot."

"If you knew you were in a place that wasn't safe, but by leaving you would break the heart of someone you cared for, what would you do?" I asked him.

"Alex, what's going on?" He asked me, worried.

"Just answer the question, Damon, I don't have a lot of time. If it was for your family, what would you do?" I proceeded.

"If it was for family, I'd leave the place, and hope the person would forgive me," He answered and I nodded.

"I have to go," I quietly said to him.

"Alex-"

"I'll see you soon," I replied then hung up. I looked at the closet and shook my head. No time to pack, plus I could get new clothes. I called a cab, and they would be here soon. Then I deleted my latest calls, put on my shoes and left my phone on the bed.

I walked outside and the cab was waiting for me. "Where to?" The driver asked.

"The nearest bus stop," I answered.