Chapter 6

Alex's P.O.V

After my talk with Klaus, I went downstairs, I mean the situation wasn't that bad. It was just fucking boring. I had nothing to do. I have watched every show on Netflix. No books to read. I'm beginning to lose my mind with boredom.

I walked towards the kitchen when I noticed a big brown chest sitting against the wall. Funny, I don't remember this being here? It must be from Klaus, some sort of appeasement attempt. I sat down and opened it up to see it was full of photos, journals, and a violin. I picked up one of the photos and saw that it was a photo of Elijah. These must be his things. Definitely from Klaus. I grabbed the journal and opened it up to a random entry and began to read it.

'August 1359.

I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality. However, the true problem remains my brother Niklaus.' What a shocker. 'He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty.' Yeah, that's obviously true. 'Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united...For if I fail, Our family's legacy will end in darkness.' I'm pretty sure your family's legacy is already in darkness. God, reading this entry made me think I was reading one of Stefan's journals. It was a bunch of nonsense really. Was Elijah that deluded, even after 300 years of carnage and misery, to truly believes his family's legacy wasn't already in darkness? When - if ever - were the Mikaelsons ever thought of positively.

I then overheard Kol's voice from another room nearby. "A little birdie told us that Elijah's been daggered again, and his coffin misplaced," Kol said as I made my way to the room he was in.

"Why would you care? We both know you're only here because Rebekah dragged you here against your will," Klaus stated and Kol let out a fake laugh.

"Why wouldn't I come? Alexandria is such a lovely woman, I couldn't resist her company." And I could swear I heard Kol's smirk while he taunted his older brother. I then heard something hit the wall, and I stood still in the hallway outside of the office.

"If you come anywhere near her-"

"What? You'll dagger me as well?" Kol asked. "Last I check you two aren't even together anymore. I mean your only doing this because it's Elijah's wish for you to be a father, right?" I waited for Klaus to say something, but it was silent. "That's what I thought. You're not her anything anymore, brother. Alex is free to mingle with whoever she likes."

"I might not be her lover anymore, but I'm still the father of her children and her soulmate. As far as I'm concerned, she's still mine." Klaus growled. I rolled my eyes at them and walked into the room, holding Elijah's journal in my hand, to see Klaus had (in fact) pinned Kol to the wall.

"Yes, yes, stop whatever nonsense this is and tell the mother of your children what your plan is?" I asked Klaus and he turned to me. The hybrid let go of Kol and smirked at me.

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love - my plan for global domination, or the plan to dagger Kol again?" Klaus asked me, while Kol gave him a murderous glare.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the Mikaelson version of Stefan. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" I said to him.

"You gave Elijah to Marcel?!" Kol exclaimed and Klaus glared at me while I smiled.

"They were going to find out eventually," I informed him. "So is there a plan, or what?" I asked.