Chapter 34

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^^)

~Later That Night~

Hayley was the representative for the wolves, but I still had to attend along with Victor and Daniel, because we were the only hybrids in the city. Honestly, I was only here to support Davina. I didn't attend the festival, only the afterparty. Since Davina was the harvest girl for fire, I decided to wear a red dress. Klaus said he would meet me outside where the after-party was being held.

"My love," I turned to him. "You look amazing as always," Klaus said and wrapped his arm around my waist, before kissing the corner of my mouth. He was wearing an all-black suit that made him look very handsome. "Shall we go in?" Klaus held out his arm to me. I took it as we walked inside. Every supernatural being in the Quarter was here. Victor escorted Hayley, and Daniel was talking to Elijah. "What's on your mind sweetheart?" Klaus asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Oh, you know, your deal with my pack for starters," I said as he leads me over to a table.

"Yes, I heard you made quite the impression," Klaus commented. "My arrangement with them was supposed to be a secret, and yet you forced it out of them. It's very bold. As was your decision to come here."

"You and I both know I'm only here to support Davina." I reminded him. "Trust me, I much rather convince you to stay with me at the compound. Although I don't think that would send a positive message to the witches."

"No, I don't think it would," Klaus chuckled and looked over to Hayley and Victor. "They seem close."

"Victor spends more time in the Bayou than I do recently. You know with you becoming an overprotective asshole again since my due date is getting closer." I explained. "He's bound to make a friend or two."

"I'm sure Daniel's been by the Bayou as well," Klaus replied, taking a sip of the champagne he got from one of the waiters walking around.

"He has," I answered as I watched Davina socialize with other people. "But he seems to like Marcel and the vampires. It's a shame he couldn't come and support her."

"Marcel's presence would have caused a riot," Klaus informed me.

"I know," I sighed. "Still a shame."

Genevieve clicked her glass, gathering everybody's attention, and addressed the room, "Welcome. As is our time-honored tradition, you are all welcome to deliver your offerings. It is our custom that no one should be turned away, no blessing be denied." All three girls sat down in their chairs and I saw Hayley bring our gift to Davina, but was stopped and told to start at the end. Ok, that's not so bad. As the evening went on, the woman next to Davina stopped anyone who tried to give her a gift.

Daniel came over to us and seemed angry at the situation. "This is bullshit." He said and I nodded. Davina looked over at Monique and shook her head, before getting up and walking off. I turned my head and saw that Klaus had walked away. I was confused and looked around.