Chapter 36

Alex's P.O.V

October 2nd, 2013

I groaned slightly as the bed shook. I turned to Klaus and opened my eyes a bit to see him tossing and turning. Sitting up, I moved closer to him and shook his shoulders. "Klaus," I said softly. "Hey, it's ok." I wiped some of the sweat off his head. The next thing I knew he shot up into a sitting position beside me. 

He was shaking slightly and I placed my hand on his arm, but he jumped away from me. This was the third time in a row this week and I was getting worried. Klaus met my eyes and I saw an emotion that I didn't see often in his face. Fear. I didn't bother asking what his nightmare was about, cause I could tell he didn't want to talk about it. All I did was pulled him closer to me and hugged him as some form of comfort.

"It's ok," I soothed and ran my hand through his slightly damp hair. "It was just a bad dream. That's all." Klaus didn't say anything, he just had one arm wrapped around me while his free hand rested on my stomach.

〜〜〜

October 3rd, 2013

Father Kieran passed away the same day the Bayou was bombed and today was his funeral. Word is he passed away from a heart attack, although that was a lie. Daniel told me everything that happened. How he turned Kieran, hoping it would break the hex and how it failed. Daniel said he had to kill him because he went after Cami and wasn't himself anymore.

Tonight, we were currently at the wake for him that was being held at Rousseau's

Tonight, we were currently at the wake for him that was being held at Rousseau's. I (Outfit Above ^^^) was sitting next to Klaus as he drank a bottle of whiskey next to me. "Hey, earth to Klaus," I said as I wrapped my arm around his. "You want to tell me what you hope to find at the bottom of that bottle?"

"It's not what I hope to find, it's what I hope to forget," Klaus replied and took another swig.

"You mean the nightmares you've been having." Klaus only looked down as an answer. "You know if you talk to me. It might help." I advised.

"The only thing you should worry about right now, Alexandria, is our children. Not me and my nightmares," Klaus brushed off and went for another swig. I stopped his wrist before the bottle met his lips and grabbed his chin softly, forcing him to look at me.

"Hey, I worry because I care," I told him. "Now tell me what's going on."

Klaus stared at me for a few moments before pulling away and sighing, "I've been having dreams about Mikael."

"What?" I mumbled. That was the last thing I expected to hear. A glass clinked several times and we looked over to Marcel as the music stopped.

"I know you guys haven't seen me a lot recently. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink and a story or two." Marcel said. "Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died 25 years ago. And, damn it, that guy could party." Everyone laughed. "That was, of course, before he took his vows. But even then, he was committed to the quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And we still do." Marcel raised his glass. "To Father K."