Chapter 22

Alex's P.O.V

~At the Boarding House~

June 27th, 2013

Klaus pulled up to the boarding house and I got out of the car. I walked inside and sighed when I saw the fire lit in the living room. Klaus closed the door behind us and walked up to me. "You ok?" He asked and I nodded.

"I just wish we could stay here," I told him. "I'd rather deal with the problems that are here than the ones in New Orleans."

"All right. Knock it off or take it somewhere else. You guys are being insensitive." I heard Stefan say in the next room. I walked in behind him and saw that he had his back to me.

"Come on, Stef," I said and everybody looked at us. "Don't let the sight of a frail, human Elena-look-alike cloud your memories of the manipulative psycho that Kathrine is," I told him. Damon smirked at me, then held out a full shot glass to Stefan. I walked over to the chair behind where Caroline was sitting on the floor, then sat down. Klaus walked over and stood behind the chair. All eyes were on Klaus and I sighed. "Calm down, he's here to say goodbye to the bitch you guys are drinking to while doubling as my bodyguard." I looked back at Stefan as Damon was still holding out the shot glass to him. Stefan hesitated but took it anyway.

"In 1864," Everybody eyes moved back over to Stefan. Thank you. "Katherine moved into my home, she compelled me to love her, seduced my brother, made my sister watch as it tore us apart, fed us full of vampire blood and then started a war with the town that got the three of us killed," Stefan explained to everyone.

"Exactly. Bottoms up, brother." Damon said and took a shot.

"But, centuries before that, she was just an innocent girl that was shunned by her family. So for five hundred years, she lied and manipulated and did whatever she had to do to survive. And she did. She's a survivor, right? So that's the girl I will drink today. Cheers." Stefan said and drank his shot. Damon and I shared a look. Did he justify Kathrine being a bitch for her entire life?

"Please. One night of hot sex with her and you're brainwashed?" Damon asked and I almost threw up.

"What?!" Bonnie and Elena asked, and I swallowed the tiny bit of puke that was about to come out of my mouth.

"And here I thought I was done with the morning sickness," I mumbled.

"Oh my...I meant to tell you." Caroline said. "You were kidnapped and hostage and..." So I see that it's been a long week for everyone. Where's Kol?

"Bottle's empty...I should -" Stefan started, but Damon stood up and grabbed the empty bottle.

"That's why you never send a busboy to do a man's job," Damon said and turned around to see someone. I looked and saw a girl who had a lot of Kathrine's features. Who the hell are you? "Nadia...the devil's spawn. Caroline, did you remember to tell Elena that?" I saw Caroline smacked her forehead because she didn't tell us.

"I think my mind just exploded." Elena stood up from her spot on the floor while grabbing a shot glass. "Okay. Katherine's upstairs." Elena said as she took a shot.

"Actually, I'm here to see all of you. I found a way to save my mother and I need some help." Nadia, or mini Katherine, said.

"Uh-uh. No way. Even my biased brother knows I, along with our sister and her baby daddy, will kick his ass from here to Kentucky," I smirked at Damon for including Klaus in that plan. "If he helps Katherine Pierce live one more day on this Earth. No volunteers." Damon ordered. Yeah like I would help anyway. Everybody compiled to not helping her.