Chapter 33

Alex's P.O.V

September 17th, 2013

I woke up to the sound of drills. What. The. Fuck. I heard Klaus groan beside me before I huffed and got out of bed. I stormed out of our bedroom and walked onto the balcony. "Elijah!" I yelled when I saw the Original standing downstairs in the courtyard. He looked up at me and stopped the construction workers by lifting his hand. "Can you please explain to me why you chose to do construction work at 8 am?"

"The house needs to be renovated," Elijah explained and I squinted my eyes at him. "I thought Niklaus made you aware of this."

I sighed and Klaus walked over to me, wrapping one arm around my waist, and said, "In my defense, I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody 3-ring circus." I rolled eyes at them and walked down to Elijah with Klaus behind me.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century," Elijah began to explain. "Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."

"Alright, just - make sure there is a walk-in closet on that renovation list of yours," I said to him, agreeing with Elijah. This suggestion made Klaus roll his eyes and Elijah smirk.

"Elijah," We turned and watched as Genevieve walked into the compound. "Klaus, Alex. I'm so glad I caught you at home." She said and I crossed my arms. "I need to talk to the three of you about something, considering how you've all signed the peace treaty."

"And what might that be?" Elijah asked her.

"Since it's a new era in the French Quarter. Although I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricts the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change." Genevieve explained and Klaus moved over to the bar in the courtyard.

"Are we to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah asked her.

"The Fete Des Benedictions," She replied coolly, and with a tiny smile. We all smiled at each other while Genevieve explained the feast. "Fest of the blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young harvest girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to kill my children as well as held Klaus in horrible agony, and now you would like a party for said witches," I asked her rhetorically. Klaus chuckled lightly behind her, while Elijah tried to hide his amused smile.

Genevieve sighed and gave me a smile, "Why don't you think it over?" She then turned and walked out of the compound, having talked to us. I looked at Klaus and he sighed.

"The tourist do love a good festival," He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"You're not seriously considering throwing the witches a festival?" I asked him.

"I'm simply saying the humans wouldn't mind." Klaus defended himself.

I looked between the two originals and sighed. "Look, I don't care what you choose. I'm not saying to do it," I told Elijah. "I just don't care, but it's not up to me. The werewolves and vampires get a say as well. Though Davina is one of those harvest girls and I'm sure a party would be fun compared to hanging around in a cemetery." I turned to them both. "Actually the hybrids say yes to this," I told them, then turned to my boyfriend. "But I do have to go to the Bayou today, I promised Hayley. Care to give me a ride?"

"Not at all," Klaus said and I smiled before going to get ready.

~At the Bayou~

There was no sign of Jackson according to Victor. I hated not knowing where he was. It's been two weeks since the party and nobody knows where he is. Victor and a few members of the pack searched the Bayou, while I stayed with Hayley. Eve had gone to her trailer to make some herbal tea that was good for the baby which left Klaus and me alone. He decided to stay here because he didn't want to leave me with Jackson still on the loose.