Chapter 28

Alex's P.O.V

July 9th, 2013

I looked to my right and watched as Klaus slept peacefully in his bed. We got that thing out of his chest, and it happened to be Papa Tunde's blade. I didn't put Klaus's shirt back on, so I could keep an eye on the scar. It wasn't healing like normal, which probably meant there was a lot of dark magic in that blade. I lightly ran my hand threw his hair. Today was just going to be me and him.

Marcel was staying in a loft across the river until I made sure Klaus wouldn't kill him on sight. I had texted Victor, catching him up on why we needed Sabine. He's only response was 'We're on it.' Elijah walked into the room and I looked at him over my shoulder. Klaus's arm was subconsciously around my belly and it made me smile.

"Are you going to be ok if I leave you alone with him?" Elijah asked and I nodded.

"What are you going to do today?" I asked him.

"I fear Sabine will be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and end this game she is playing," Elijah explained and I smiled.

"Good luck," I told him before he left. I turned back to Klaus and continued to lay my head on his chest. I felt safe here. I love being in his arms. Wait - love? Before I could dig more into that question, I got distracted as Klaus's eyes slowly opened. "Hey," I said to him, softly. I smiled at him and realized I knew the answer to my question. Yeah...love.

"Hey," He responded, in the same tone. He went to sit up but groaned, and I lightly forced him back down. "What-"

"The blade that was in you was full of dark magic," I said to him. "You need to heal, so don't move."

"I need blood," Klaus said.

"I thought you might say that," I commented and turned to the bedside table, opened up the drawer. I only put one bag of blood in there for the time being. I grabbed it and turned back to Klaus. "Here."

Klaus took the bag from me and drank it dry in two minutes flat. Although he still looks drained from the blade's power, and after dropping the empty blood bag on the floor to his left. He pulled me closer to his side and closed his eyes again.

"Better?" I asked, with a small laugh. I found it hilarious that he could go from angry to needy in only a few seconds.

"Better," Klaus said and went back to sleep.

~

While Klaus was asleep, I took a shower and went downstairs to grab more blood bags. I came back to the room and saw that Klaus was attempting to sit up again, and failing. I quickly put the blood bags down and helped Klaus sit up against the headboard.

"Looks like you got your energy back," I said to him and he smirked, then noticed the blood bags next to the bed.

"Looks like you got food," He replied and I chuckled before grabbing a bag and handing it to him. Klaus started drinking it at a speed that reminded me of Stefan in his Ripper phase.

"Slow down, Klaus," I said to him, and placed a hand on his arm. "There's no rush. It's just going to be me and you for today until you get all your strength back," I then looked down at the scar. "And that," I looked back up at him. "Heals."

"I'm going to make Marcel and Rebekah pay for what they did," Klaus growled and I looked at him disappointed, but not shocked.

"Marcel told me what he did but didn't go into detail," I said to him. "He's not proud of it, and I doubt Rebekah is either."

"They betrayed me," Klaus growled and I scooted closer to him.

"I know, but does it really matter after all this time. With all our problems now you want to focus on this. There have already been consequences, let's leave it be." I explained. "Instead how about you tell me what happened when Mikael showed up in 1919, the year before you met me for the first time."