Chapter 27

Alex's P.O.V

July 8th, 2013

I woke up and remembered all of the events of yesterday. Meeting Jackson. Learning about Hayley's parents - I have to tell her about that today too. Witches trying to kill me, again, but this time with fire. Klaus going missing.

Last night, Elijah and I brainstormed ideas on how to find my - I don't even know what to call him - Klaus, soulmate, man I'm semi-starting-a-relationship-with. Either way, I'm worried about him. I couldn't sleep at all last night because I felt this dull ache in my chest. It wasn't a shooting pain but it was uncomfortable. I can still feel it actually, and the fact that Celeste told Elijah Klaus was in extreme pain, didn't help. Elijah said he was going to go to the cemetery first thing in the morning, so he's probably there now.

My bedroom door opened and I saw Hayley walk in. "Have you found any leads yet?" Hayley asked me.

"You're asking me if I've found Klaus? A man who probably still wants you dead because you screwed him over about 6 months ago?" She gave me a look. "Sorry," I apologized. Hayley came over and sat on the bed next to me.

"It's ok, you're worried. If I was in your shoes, I would be a bitch too." I laughed at that sentence. "So," Hayley said excitedly. "What'd you find out last night?"

"Well, I met a nice guy named Jackson and sadly he knew the same things Eve did about my father. So nothing new there," I explained to her. "Oh! And he was also meant to be your husband."

"What?" Hayley asked and I nodded.

"Yup," I confirmed. "Apparently, your parents and his wanted to unite the two bloodlines through you."

"He doesn't think I'm still going to marry him, does he?" Hayley asked.

"Well, if he does, he's an idiot." I sighed.

"Did you find out anything about my parents?" Hayley asked and I looked at her sadly. Her eyes were full of hope, and she looked happy to know anything about her parents. This is going to break her heart. I sat up and placed my hand on top of hers.

"Hayley-" I began but I was cut off.

"Alexandria!" I heard Elijah yell. Elijah never calls me by my full name, it must be important. Maybe he found a lead on Klaus. I looked at Hayley and sighed.

"I better see what he wants. You can stay here and we'll talk later or I'll call you later, ok?" I asked her, she nodded with an understanding smile.

"I'm going to go. I should probably head to the Bayou anyways," Hayley said and we left my room. I watched Hayley walk towards the courtyard. I honestly don't know if I should thank Elijah, or not because now I'm putting off telling Hayley that her parents are dead. I sighed and walked into the parlor room. "Did you find Klaus..." I stopped when I realized that Elijah was shirtless, "Um- Why are you shirtless?" I walked closer to him and noticed the tattoos on his chest. "And have you always had these tattoos?"

"I need you to make a list of these names," Elijah said to me, not answering any of my questions. I agreed because I heard the urgency in his voice. Marcel handed me a pen and paper, as I started to circle Elijah and write down the names. The tattoos went all the way down to his arms, where I saw Sabine's name.

"Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries," Elijah said.

"It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears." Marcel explained.

"Why? What's the point?" I asked as I continued to write down names, not really paying attention to them.