Chapter 4

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Outfit Above ^^^)

It was in the middle of the afternoon and I was roaming around the plantation house. As I walked by one of the rooms, I saw a crib sitting in the middle, then smiled a bit and went to take the big white sheet off of it. Holy shit there's a lot of dust on this sheet. "Are you alright?" Elijah asked me as I coughed. I looked up at him, then nodded.

"Yeah, there's just a lot of dust on this one sheet," I explained. "How long will we be staying here?"

"No idea," He answered. "I'm sure once Niklaus takes back the city from Marcel, we'll move, but no one knows how long that will take and you need a good home." Elijah was standing on the other side of the crib by now. "So has anyone asked you how you feel?" He asked as he took off the sheet.

"Feel about what?" I questioned.

"About being a mother again," Elijah replied and I looked at him.

"No," I answered. He gave me a look and I sighed. "Look, I'm not worried. Not about being a mother. When it comes to that I know what I'm doing, but it's surreal - being a pregnant hybrid. Not to mention the world we all live in, the violence and death, it's no place to raise two children."

"You have my word that I will always protect these kids," Elijah stated.

"Yeah, but what happens to me after I've done my part?" I asked.

"You'll be here, raising them alongside Klaus," Elijah responded.

"I'm not sure if your aware, Elijah, but Klaus wants nothing to do with these kids. You heard him yourself," I spat.

"And I'm sure you're aware that when it comes to your safety, my little brother will move heaven and earth to ensure it," Elijah replied.

"Everyone keeps saying that and yet Klaus never seems to prove it." I snapped. Sensing someone else in the room with us, I looked to the doorway and saw Klaus standing there. For a second he looked hurt, but I didn't care. If he heard the conversation, then he knows everything I said was true.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked Klaus as he turned to him. My ex broke eye contact with me and looked towards Elijah.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well." Klaus walked up to us. "Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches," Klaus explained.

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Alex to me." Klaus looked at me again and I glared. "Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why," Elijah explained and walked up to Klaus.

"Well," I spoke up. "Have either of you considered that it might be the thing that keeps them from doing magic. If I was a witch and I couldn't do magic, I'd be pretty pissed off. Not to mention I would want the thing that keeps me from doing magic out of the way or in my possession." I gave them a smile then added, "Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with that."