Chapter 37

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up standing in the middle of the courtyard, then stumbled a bit as I turned around. I froze when I saw Genevieve chanting a spell while holding something to my forehead. I looked down and then back over to my body. What the hell? I walked over and looked at Klaus who seemed worried. He bit his wrist and held it to my mouth.

"Come on," He said then looked to Elijah.

"She's still not breathing," Elijah informed them. "It's not working." Elijah then turned around and smashed a chair into the pillar behind him. I went to touch my shoulder, to reconnect to my body, but there was an invisible wall around the table where it laid.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I groaned.

"Seems my son has taken a liking to you," I heard a voice said and back away when I saw Mikael.

"You stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled at him.

"I assume you remember me, then." He said and I closed my eyes.

"You don't exactly forget a man who tried to kill you," I snapped.

"On the contrary, my darling - had I known you'd end up with Klaus, I wouldn't have missed your heart," Mikael informed me. He sped over to me and put me into a headlock, and I gasped in fright as he forced me to look at Klaus. "Welcome to my hell. Stuck in an eternity of watching over that hideous creature my children call brother!"

"You're dead! I saw your body burning myself. How can I be here?" I asked myself and then realize how. "Oh my god! NO!" I screamed and thrashed around in his grip. "Noo! The babies!"

"The babies? Those kids never had a chance! And as if you aren't filth enough, you fall in love with him then merge your blood with Klaus'?" He laughed maniacally. "The deathless vermin, fancying himself a daddy." Mikael mocked.

My eyes turn lupine-gold, and I shrieked as I pushed myself out of his grip and broke his arm by twisting it behind his back. Then, I picked up a coat rack and swung it at his head with all the force I can muster.

"They're not dead! I'm not dead! If I was dead, you wouldn't be trying to kill me!" I yelled at him. Mikeal healed and looked at me. I walked as close as I could to my body and kept my eyes on Mikael.

"I'm taking her to a real doctor," Elijah said and went to grab me.

"If you move her from here, my spell will break. There won't be enough time to get her to a hospital. She'll die and so will the babies soon after." Genevieve explained.

"If your spell keep going, and you keep Alex's body alive, will the babies survive if delivered now?" Elijah looked at him confused. "I'll rip them out of her myself." Elijah stopped Klaus.

"Alex will bleed to death," Genevieve said.

"Alex will heal if you can keep her body alive!" Klaus corrected. "I won't lose those babies."

"I won't let you lose either of them," Elijah stated.

"Would you look at that?" Mikael asked me. "Turns out the bastard does love you after all."

"You're dead, Mikael," I told. "Your son already beat you!"

"He is not my son! He's a scourge, a walking symbol of weakness!" Mikeal yelled at me.

"I know what to do," Genevieve said. "Get my bag - the gris-gris pouch. Now!" Finally.

I kicked a table to break off a piece of wood to use as a stake, and stood behind Genevieve, waiting for her to take down this stupid barrier around my body. "There is no saving those atrocities festering in your womb. Klaus will destroy them, one way or another. Better he dies now, and you along with it!" Mikael yelled as he approached me.