little dream ✍︎

Five months went by with a flash. Five bodies were digested, many pick onesies were bought and one bank account was certainly close to bankrupt as Jane was driven to Anteiku.

It was September the twenty-fifth and this  was by far Jane's most priceless gift. While she was escorted to the ghouls' home, the Anteiku family was preparing for the birth of Uta's daughter.

The bed was stripped and remade, the pain relief was on hand and they'd managed to find a ghoul midwife that could safely deliver the child. The whole café was buzzing, especially as the screech of tires echoed through the shop and warned the family of the couple's arrival.

"Nishiki! Go help them!" Irimi immediately ordered in excitement, not noticing her ordering tone as the orange-haired ghoul exhaled in dulled anticipation.

However, as he attempted to approach and offer aid, Nishiki immediately stepped back once he clocked the murderous look in Uta's and the growl which assaulted his ear drums.

If he were to touch Jane, the ghoul knew he would no longer possess an arm.

Meanwhile, Jane was easily enduring the contractions that hardly managed to pinch the woman's body as she put one step after the other. Something was eerily calm about the human woman, especially because she was giving birth to a half-ghoul.

"Oh, hello everyone!" Jane immediately greeted to the large group. They were definitely as surprised as Nishiki but took comfort in the serenity radiating from the woman.

Uta on the other hand... Yomo knee that look from anywhere, so did Itori as they both watched him coddle and guard the human. Feral ghoul instincts had already kicked in as his brain warmed him of the various ghoul men in the building.

"Hello Jane! Are you ready?" Irimi asked ecstatically as she ignored Itori's pessimistic scoff.

"As ready as I can be" Jane shrugged somewhat confidently before the manager and Irimi followed both human and ghoul up the stairs.

Uta noticed through the haze of his protective nature that Jane was eerily calm as she was finally sat down onto the bed.

Once every ghoul beside himself and the midwife was gone from the vividly lit room, the mask maker physically deflated.

She's safe he sighed in relief.

"Why don't you make yourself comfortable and put this on-" the midwife gifted Jane with a nightdress
"- I'm Hiyori and help deliver the child".

"Thank you so much Hiyori" Jane smiled before Uta stood and puffed out his chest.

"You know the agreement?",

"Of course, Mr Yoshimura will be paying me kindly for my silence. Do not worry, thankfully, I'm so what experienced in this" Hiyori reassured as Jane dressed silently into the clothes provided.

For the next five hours, Jane endured the labour and pushed when told, relaxed when ordered as she gripped Uta's hand almost too tightly. Sometimes, the ghoul forgot she was a dove -despite his nickname for her- and underestimated the obvious strength that came with the muscles she once had.

He noticed half-way through the pregnancy that Jane was regaining the body she once had when they were younger. He basked in the soft figure in contrast to her defined muscles needed for work.

During one relaxation period, Jane turned to her boyfriend with an exhausted smile and closed her eyes to see him clearly despite him being before her.

She was too tired to see.

"Uta..." she whispered with her voice plagued in fatigue.

"Yes my dove?" He asked softly as he pushed back the baby hairs that stuck to her forehead. Her very image was still beautiful despite her flushed red face and a sheen of sweat coating her features.