7 I'm Yours

Kris

Before I knew it I was back in Chicago and it was time for Serenity and I's first date. And while I've never been nervous for a date before, this time was different. Because she was different. She couldn't care less if I played baseball, she didn't care about how much money I make or my status. To her I was just a guy she met in the park. And I wanted her to see me as that guy because that's exactly who I am. Just a kid in the city not trying to go through this alone. All she wants is a opportunity to learn and be a better person than she was the day before. I've never heard her say no, if I ask for something she does it quickly and effectively without any hesitation. She even goes above and beyond every single day and makes the best of every situation. She has taken this great opportunity and made it even better and that's not even the best part.

The best part was that she was 100% original and I loved that about her. I loved her original style and her short hair that always has life to it. I love her smile that just lights up a room and how she's always so optimistic. She's the most positive person I know and I was addicted to her. I always wanted her around and I hope more than anything that this date goes well I hope so there's a lifetime full of dates and that she never gets tired of me or this crazy life that finds me.

I pull on a bright red t-shirt and a pair of jeans for our little date. I find my good sneakers and slide them on before applying extra deodorant. Once my hair is done and I check one more time to make sure I look good I head over to the address that Serenity sent me.

I pull up to a small two story house just in the inside of the city lines. I see her car so I know I'm in the right place. I walk up to the door but stop before I knock. I look inside and see Ren sitting in the couch reading. She had a cute little dog next to her as she reads her book in peace. I smile to myself and simply admire her for a little. She was so nerdy but at the same time it was so sexy. Her intelligence was attractive as hell and I loved learning all about her. I couldn't wait to hear some more.

Finally I knock on her door and she perks up in her seat. She smiles big as she skips to the door just to see me. Once it opens she quickly pulls me into a hug and I close my eyes. I swear her hugs were like the most addictive drug out there. They're something else.

"Hey Ren, you ready to go" I ask.

She tucks a curl behind her ear as she smile up at me. Something was different and I couldn't tell why. But she was smiling bigger than usual and it made my heart beat faster. "I am! Let me grab my purse and I'll be good to go" she insists.

She walks away and I take in what she looked like. Her blue jean skirt stopped just above her knees and her tank top hung off her shoulders. She had a nice tan because she found any excuse to be outside and it made the little freckles on her shoulders and across her nose even darker. It made her eyes pop and she looked like she walked right out of Woodstock and into my life. She was my wild flower and I'm so happy I picked her.

Once she was ready I take her to the field museum for our date. She obviously wasn't into the physical things for I think her first baseball game was the one she went to with my parents and she spends her whole life reading. So I figured she read about some of this stuff so now we can experience for herself what she read. I've never been here before and she said she hasn't been since she was a kid so I'm sure we'll both have a good time.

I get us our tickets and we walk around by ourselves for a while. I don't say much because I don't know what to say. I can't impress her with my athleticism because she couldn't care less. I couldn't surprise her with my knowledge because I'm sure she knows it all. All I wanted to do is not mess this up but I'm afraid my worrying was going to do just that. I know she likes me and I like her so it should be fine. But I still want her to think I'm a good guy who was really into her. I wasn't sure what to say to start up a conversation without sounding silly.

So I do something instead. I reach over and grab her hand causing her to stop. She looks at our hands and then up at me before smiling. She laced her fingers through mine and I felt like my heart was going jump out of my chest. She drove me absolutely nuts, but it was also one of the best feelings in the world. She steps in closer and rests her other hand on top of mine. She looks up at me and I was sure I was going to pass out my mind was moving so fast.

"You look nervous" she admits.

"I really really want this date to go well but I've barley spoken a word to you" I say.

"Sometimes words don't come. Trust me, it happens. But actions are always there. It's a look or a touch, something that says what words can't. And although reading is my favorite, I know that it's not in the words that I fall in love with the book. But the way the words make you feel. And nothing makes me feel happier than you" she promises.

I take my free hand and tuck a loose curl behind her ear. I cup her cheek and pull her close like we weren't in the middle of a busy place where people could see us. But I didn't see anyone else here, that tends to happen when she's around. She smiles as she looks from my lips back into my eyes. It was then I knew that this was the first of many wonderful moments with this women.

She stands up on her tippy goes until her lips meet mine. Immediately my hand lets go of hers to cup her cheeks. Her hands wrap around my back and pulls me in so my body was pressed against hers. She arched her back and pray that my legs don't give out and I fall on top of her. But they hold strong long enough to set her back down flat on her feet. I keep her close as my eyes slowly open. I don't think my heart is ever going to beat normally again after that.

"Why do you drive me crazy? I'm supposed to be here for baseball and now I'm starting to think I ended up here just to be with you" I say softly.

"I've read crazier things" she smirks.

"Will you be mine" I ask her. I know it's kinda straight forward but I've known that I've wanted to be with her since I first saw her reflection in the bean. And now here we are almost a month later and I didn't want to wait another second.

"I'm yours" she promises.