17 I Love You Too

Serenity

Like always Kris and I find our way back to the botanical garden here in Chicago. This place was incredible during the summer and with so much baseball going on we needed a get away. It doesn't feel like we're in the city when we're here. It feels like we're in our own little world, which is why we run away to it whenever we can. We were getting into the thick of things and the allstar game and all that stuff. Kris was a busy busy man now, people recognize him everywhere we go. So we go back to the place where all we have is space and it feels like time stops allowing us just to be together. Nothing more nothing less.

Once we get to the botanical gardens we find a different path to take than the ones we had been on before. We wanted new scenery and this place did not disappoint. Kris walks in time with me while our hands swing back and fourth as they stay laced together. I just look around and smile being so thankful that I get to be here. I was always happy to be here, but now more than ever.

Eventually Kris stops and turns to me causing me to stop too. He keeps a hold of my hand and pulls me back to him.

"What's up" I wonder as I try to figure out why we were stopping.

He lets go of my hand and reaches into his back pocket. He pulls out a little necklace box and my eyes go big. "Kris... What did you do" I accuse and he laughs at me.

He opens up the box and pulls out a beautiful gold necklace

He opens up the box and pulls out a beautiful gold necklace. It has a wild flower on the tag and I smile. "I got you this because you're my wildflower. You're so beautiful and free spirited and you grow every day no matter where you are or what environment you're in. You could be anywhere and you could thrive because you're the type of flower that is beautiful no matter what. And I'm so happy I picked you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me" he claims.

I look up at him as he stares at the necklace. I can tell he was nervous to give this to me and he put a lot of thought into it. There's not a lot of things that he can call his own, practically being owned by the Cubs and having to answer to so many people. But this love that we have is our own. We created this all ourselves and that's something no one can take from him. 

"Why did you get me this" I finally ask trying to get a straight forward answer.

He starts to fiddle with the necklace as he starts to shrug. "I don't know. I just thought it would be good to give you because..." he trails off.

"Because you love me too" I finish and he stops.

He looks up at me with the biggest smile and I smile back. He starts to nod his head as he finally looks me in my eyes. "I do love you" he admits. "I have for the longest time. Since we came here for the first time and you told me about how your mom used to call you Wildflower I knew I loved you. And I couldn't say it. I was scared that you wouldn't care for words because they are just words until you turn them into actions. And love is more than a word. I wanted to show you that I love you" he explains.

"I know you do" I admit. "I can feel it. Every time you're away I can feel how much you miss me. Every time you touch me I can feel how much you never want to let me go. Even though words can be overused and get old, feeling loved never will" I explain.

"So you do know that I love you" he asks.

I smile as I step closer to him and touch his face. I pull him closer as he looks into my eyes. "I know you do. And I hope you know I love you too" I insist.

"I have an idea" he smirks.

I pull him into a long kiss and I break apart but he stays there. "Okay... I believe you" he assures me.

He puts the necklace on me and I couldn't smile any bigger than I already was. I see it resting over my heart and I felt the love. We might not always remember all the words that we said here today. But I will never forget this feeling of love and being loved.

We continue our walk along the paths and neither of us say a word. Because even though I love reading, sometimes we need something more than words to express ourselves. And everything that needed to be said was said, needed to be felt was felt.

"I'm going to tell you something, and you can't freak out on me" I tell him.

"I can't promise anything" he smirks and I roll my eyes. "But I'll try my darnest."

"I think I decided to write a book, like you suggested" I announce causing him to gasp.

"No way" he squeals and I start to chuckle.

"Yes way! I started reaching out to some agencies and talking with them on your last trip. I have a few ideas for a novel that I think would be interesting to people now a days but still has a good and real message" I explain.

"Babe, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you" he claims as he wraps his arms around me. I nuzzle my face in his chest and declare to myself this was defiantly the best day of my life. "I'm happy that you're doing things what make you happy. I get to live out my dreams and now you do too. I know it might seem far away but as long as you keep them in sight you will be just fine."

"As long as I have you to inspire me in the way you do I know I will be" I promise.

"I promise I'll be there for you. I'll make you tea and stay up with you when you're up late writing. I can go to the store and get you a new notebook once you run out of room on your old one. Anything you need from me, I'm there" he smiles.

I look up to him and smile back as he continues to hold me in his arms. "You don't have to do that" I assure him.

"But you're the one that makes my dreams possible. I could not do any of this without you and you quickly became a part of my dream. I just want to be the same to you" he claims.

"Oh sweetie" I say, "you're everything to me."