Chapter 7: The Enemy.

The next day, in the morning.

Sonic and Zadow went outside, Sonic was showing a Chaos Emerald.

"This is a Chaos Emerald, this one is green but the others are different."

Zadow looked at it curiously. "Wow... It's pretty... How many they are?"

Sonic smiled. "They are seven. The seven Chaos emerald. You want to hold it?"

Zadow nodded and took the Emerald. When he touched it, the Emerald started to shine brightly.

"What's the-!" Sonic closed his eyes to protect them for this light. Zadow was doing the same thing. Gently, the Emerald stopped to shine and was back to normal. Zadow was confused.

"What was that?.."

Sonic was also confused. "I have no idea... They react when they feel Chaos Energy... Maybe it felt yours."

Zadow wanted to ask something but, suddenly, a giant robot seemed appear out of nowhere, with a familiar face on top of it.

"OH OH OH OH OH! Hello, my blue enemy. I see that you have my Chaos Emerald." Eggman said from his Eggmobile.

Sonic growled when he saw him. "Eggman. This is not your emerald."

Zadow was confused about what was happening around him. Sonic seemed to not like this 'Eggman', so he growled too.

Eggman saw him and wondered who he was. "Oh, you have a new friend? Where are your supposed friends?"

Sonic started to growl louder but Zadow goes in front of him, growling at Eggman menacingly. "I don't know you. But I don't like you."

"Oh, your friend have some anger issues, huh?" Eggman smirked.

Zadow suddenly teleported himself on the glass of Eggman Eggmobile. "Don't try to hurt Sonic or I kill you."

Eggman panicked, he was surprised of Zadow ability to teleport but he was scared for his life now. "Robots, attack!" The giant robot attacked Zadow.

Sonic wanted to help Zadow but other robots were coming this way, but Zadow seemed to fight the giant robot with ease. He used attacks that Sonic never saw before, but he could feel Chaos Energy in them.

Zadow suddenly started to glow with a red energy around him, it was easy to see that he was pissed. "I have enough of you!" And with just one punch, the giant robot exploded.

"No!" Eggman was angry to see his robot destroyed. "How could you! You damn hedgehog!"

Zadow was walking slowly toward him, still glowing with this red energy and very intimidating. "You're weak. I don't know how you can still be alive. But it doesn't matter now. I'll kill you."

Eggman started to panic and tried to turn back on his Eggmobile, but with no success.

Sonic's eyes widen and he called Zadow. "Zadow! Don't! Please! Killing isn't the best thing to do!"

Zadow looked at him. "But he deserves to die. He tries to attack us."

"Its not the point, Zadow!.."

During the time that Sonic and Zadow argued, Eggman finally succeeded to turn on his Eggmobile and laughed evily. "You will never be able to kill me, hedgehog! I'll come back with a event bigger robot and next time I'll crush you!" He quickly flew away.

Zadow growled angrily but, slowly, the red energy around him disappeared.

Sonic looked at Zadow. "What was all about?"

Zadow crossed his arms with a serious look on his face. "He made me angry and he wanted to hurt you, he deserved to die."

Sonic sighed. "It's not working like that here... You can't kill someone like that..."

"You're weak then. You can't lets an enemy going away, he will come back to kill you later. You have to kill to survive." 

And with that, Zadow walked back to Sonic's home. Sonic sighed again, thinking that it will be harder than he thought...

   ~~~

Votes and Comments, please. :)