Chapter 12: Admitting To Love.

Sonic and Tails were in the living room, Zadow was still upset at Sonic and was on the roof, sulcking to himself.

Sonic sighed. "Tails... I..." He stopped himself, he just didn't know how to say it, it was too big for him, too soon. He never felt in love and he was worried about what everyone will think about him. Because for the people, he have to be perfect, but he didn't know someone like him, who loves the same gender. His friends were straight, and he didn't want them to hate him. "You'll never hate me... Right?.." He hesitated, he was scared to lose his friends.

"Why I'll hate you, Sonic?.. You worrie me... What's wrong?.." Tails was very confused by Sonic behavior. It was the first time he acted like this.

Sonic took a deep breath and spoke. "I... I'm gay..." He then looked down. "... A-And..."

Tails was surprised to hear that. "And?.. And what?.."

"Zadow kissed me when I found him and I think I love him..." Sonic said quickly, hoping that Tails will not understand, but since Tails knew him since a lot of time now, he was used to it.

"Wow... I didn't expect that..." Tails smiled, happy for his best friend. "But it's great!"

Sonic was surprised but relieved to know that Tails was not disgusted or anything else. "But... He is mad since he came back... Because I rejected him when he was kissing me... I was worried and scared... But I don't wanted to upset him!.." He felt guilty now, like he was a jerk, to have push away Zadow's feelings.

"I think you need to talk to him. I really think that it's great that you found someone to love. You just need to explain everything to him, alright?" Tails explained calmly. He was really happy for Sonic, since the blue hedgehog always said that he never was in love and that he just wanted to be alone. But since he saw Zadow he acted differently, it was surely a good sigh?

Sonic sighed. "I... I will try... I'm just scared that he act like that just because I am the first person he saw... I'm not even sure that he really understand the meaning of love..."

"Sonic... You just have to try. You remember when I told you that his Chaos Energy were similar to yours? Maybe that's why he loves you, and why you're attracted to him as well. He surely feels it more because he is more linked to it than you, but like you said, he knows nothing about the meaning of love, but deep inside, he knows what it is."

Sonic thoughts about what his little brother said, it was true, he should give a chance to Zadow, he was alone since forever apparently, it wasn't fair for him. "You're right... I'll talk to him... Thanks, Tails... For everything." He smiled, feeling better about all the situation now that he talked to Tails and that his brother said all this things to him.

Tails smiled happily, he was happy to see Sonic nearly back to his normal attitude. "No problem! Now go talk to him. Don't let me keep you!"

Sonic chuckled and goes to see Zadow on the roof.

~~~~~~

Zadow was looking at the stars, in his thoughts.

"I'm happy to see that you're still here... I thought that you'll be gone by now..."

Zadow quickly looked behind him to see Sonic approaching him. He looked away. "What do you want?.." His voice was cold, clearly showing that he didn't want Sonic here.

Sonic's ears bended down by the tone of voice that Zadow used, but he started to apologize, trying to ignore this. "First... I wanted to say that I'm sorry... To have pushed you away like that... You didn't deserved it..."

Zadow looked at Sonic in the corner of his eyes, showing that he was listening.

Sonic sat down next to Zadow. "I... I think that I feel the same about you... Do you feel good in my presence?.. Do you feel like you need to stay close to me?.."

Zadow nodded his head, looking completely at Sonic, curious about the questions he asked him.

Sonic smiled gently. "That's love... And... I love you, Zadow..."

   ~~~

Votes and Comments, please. :)