Chapter 19: Zadow's Awakening.

Sonic stayed with Zadow even if the doctors tried to get him back to his room, but Sonic was stubborn and wanted to stay with him until he woke up. It's been some days now and Sonic refused to sleep, he wanted to be sure that Zadow was okay, he wanted to see it with his own eyes. His friends tried to resonate him but with little success, at least Sonic was eating a bit, it was better than nothing for Tails, who was the most worried about him.

Sonic was slowly strocking Zadow's head, until he felt a small movement coming from him, he stopped and looked to see Zadow moving a bit and slowly coming back to himself.

Zadow slowly openned his eyes and when he saw a strange environment he tried to quickly sit up in a panic, but he groaned in pain.

Sonic tried to reassure him. "Zadow... Calm down... It's okay... I'm here."

Zadow looked on his side and finally saw Sonic and he calmed down. "Sonic?.. Where are we? I don't like this place..." He then groaned a bit, strocking his belly gently.

Sonic smiled. "We are in the hospital, the doctors here helped us and healed us. Anyway, how you feel?" He asked him.

"I'm fine, my belly is just hurting me a little, but it will pass."

Sonic was a bit confused now. "How you can be so sure?"

Zadow looked at him. "Because that's what my instinct are telling me. This Eggman guy wasn't lying, right?"

Sonic sighed a bit and smiled. "He wasn't... The doctors confirmed it as well." He strocked Zadow's belly gently. Zadow smiled and purred at the feeling.

~~~~~~

A doctor came in the room and quickly Zadow started to growl. Sonic tried to calm him down.

"Calm down, Zadow... He is a doctor, he is here to know if you're alright."

Zadow was still growling. "I'm fine... I'll not let him come close to me."

"He is just here to check on you, and the baby... I promise."

Zadow sighed reluctantly and lets the doctor check on him, he was observing all the doctor's movements.

The doctor finished the check up. "Alright. You seem a bit weak but your body is healing faster than normal, it's amazing."

"I want to get out of here..." Zadow growled a bit.

"I'm not sure if you can..." When Zadow growled louder the doctor gulped a bit and spoke again. "But I can see if you can go home later this evening..."

Zadow sighed again but nodded. "It's better than nothing..."

"Good!.. I'll see if you can go home, and I'll tell a nurse to give you something to eat." The doctor goes out of the room.

Sonic smiled. I'm glad that you're okay." He kissed Zadow's cheek.

Zadow purred a bit and looked at Sonic. "I just want to go home... I hope this guy will do what he was saying..."

"Don't worry, okay? We will go home."

~~~~~~

Some time later, after a nurse has come to give some food for Zadow, he just finished to eat, Sonic forced him to eat because Zadow don't wanted to, the doctor came back.

"Good news, you are good enough to leave in the evening." The doctor said, then he looked at Sonic. "And a fox asked if he could see you."

"Tails? Oh, he can come in, yes."

The doctor nodded and goes outside and Tails came in.

"I"m happy to see that you are fine, Zadow..." Tails smiled timidly. Zadow nodded. "You can go home today?" He then asked.

"We will be able to go home in the evening." Sonic smiled at his little brother.

"And... Umm... Congratulation for your baby..." Tails said a bit awkwardly.

Sonic blushed and rubbed his neck in a embarrassing manner. "Oh... Yes... Thanks..."

It was a bit awkward in the room until they were free to go. Sonic and Tails talked while they were walking home, Zadow just listened closely. When they arrived to Sonic's house, Tails said goodbye and goes back to his workshop.

Zadow sat on the couch and sighed happily. "It's good to be back home..."

Sonic smiled and chuckled. "Yeah, but we have to prepare for the baby and all."

Zadow looked at Sonic, confused. "We have to prepare?.."

"Don't worry... We will do it together, we are two in this." Sonic smiled.

Zadow smiled happily.

   ~~~

Votes and Comments, please. :)