*The Waiter*

"Nine, there's a new customer on table #6. Please get their order!"

The restaurant owner shouted at Nine, the pay may not be much but at least they let him use the spare room in the basement as his home for free.

"In a second, I'll just bring this order to table 1 Mrs. Kim!"

"Sure, take your time." The old lady answered with a smile. Nine is very lucky to have met her. He ran away 2 years ago and was literally living on the street. He turned his back from his family and got no where else to go. He's been sleeping on park benches for 3 nights when he met Mr. and Mrs. Kim, an old couple that did not have kids of their own. He saw that they were struggling with their small restaurant and asked if there is any job that they can offer, they offered a position as waiter and he immediately accepted.

They treated Nine with kindness which he returned, for almost a year that he's been working here, they started to treat each other as family, he's like the son they never had.

Nine approached the table to get the order when he noticed the drunk young man staring at him. "May I take your order please?" he asked the group. "Uhm excuse me, are you ready to place your order?" He tried to get the attention of the group, a tall young man said "What is your best dish here?" Nine proceeded with giving their top sellers, the group selected half of their menu. He noticed that the drunk man was still staring at him and he gave him a smile.

He was busy busing the other tables when he noticed that the man was still staring at him, he tried to ignore it but he can feel the guy's eyes on his back.

"Bill out!" one of the boys on the table called out and Mr. Kim approached the table provided the bill.

"I want the boy to get the payment." the drunk boy said. Mr. Kim then called Nine towards the table and said "He wants you to get the money, go get a tip for yourself." then left.

"Yes sir, this is your bill."

"How much?" the drunk man said.

"Your total bill is..."

"No..." the drunk man said.

"I'm sorry sir, what do you mean by that? Are you planning to not pay?"

"Money is not the issue."

Nine sighed, he hates dealing with drunk people this late. "Okay then sir, as I was saying your total bill is..."

"Shut up."

"Excuse me?" Nine was floored.

"I was asking how much..." the man slurred.

"I was trying to tell you how much sir." annoyance was starting to show in his tone.

"Chen, let the boy finish so we can leave. I'm sorry about this fiasco, how much is the bill?" The tall boy said.

'So Chen is his name' Nine thought, a cute name for a cute face with a bad attitude "again, the bill is..."

"I said shut. up." Nine wanted to strangle the man named Chen but restrained himself.

"Chen!" the tall boy reprimanded.

"Shut up Ben. I am asking him a question." Chen looked Nine in the eye "How much?"

"I am sorry Mr. Chen, I am not getting you?" Nine sounded hostile at this point.

"I am asking how much are you?"