*Aftermath*

Nine woke up when Chen was wiping him with a warm soapy cloth. It felt nice being taken care of and he wanted to return that care. Chen noticed that he was already awake and gave him a smile "Good afternoon" 

"Breakfast?" Nine asked.

Chen handed him the robe and led him to the kitchen. "I reheated the food for you. I waited for you to wake up so we can eat together. I also called Mr. Kim to ask if they needed anything and said that they are okay. I spoke to the head nurse to make sure that someone looks after them when we are not around"

We? Nine thought to himself, Chen is really placing himself as an integral part of Nine's life. Nine can see what a capable man he is and how much more he is.

They ate in silence, there was a sense of contentment in Nine knowing that they share the same space. He realized that he needs to make a decision about the thing between them and he needs to know if he is still in love with Yibo or just in love with the idea of being in love with him.

"I'll do the dishes, okay?" Nine offered. 

"We are so domestic, too bad we're not an actual couple." Chen gave him a smile and a wink.

Nine just shrugged it off and proceeded with the dishes. Joong suddenly gave him a hug from behind. "Can you imagine us doing this every day, Nine?"

Nine smiled, yes, he thought but did not dare say it out loud. 

Chen did not let go of the hug, every now and then, he would give Nine kisses. After Nine finished, they sat on the couch. 

"Chen, I need to be honest with you."

"Okay"

"I know that what is going on between us is something..." Chen cuddled closer to him "I'm not really sure what to call this."

"I know"

"I don't want to cause you pain"

"I know"

"I don't want to make you wait for something uncertain. This is uncertain and I know that you have already invested feelings."

Nine can feel Chen tense behind him.

"Are you asking me to not wait for something in return?"

Nine nodded silently. It was selfish that he wants to continue, he knows he promised that he would not do the same thing he did to Ohm and was successful with other guys he hooked up with but somehow, he can't stop himself when he is near Chen.

"Do you know what happens when you invest?" Chen asked him.

"What?"

"Investment is a risk. When you invest,  you will always want returns but since it is a risk, there are no guarantees for returns."

Nine was silent.

"I understand the risk I am taking, I'm not sure if I am ready for losses, but I will always understand what happens after this."

"Okay"

Chen's phone started to ring and it was from an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" Chen answered the call.

"Hello Mr. Aydin, I believe you have something that belongs to me."

"Who is this?" he asked

"Ohm Pawat. And I believe that my fiance is with you."