*Hello*

"Hello."

"Hello."

There was silence between them, somehow Chen felt comfort when he heard Nine's  voice."How-" "Are you-" they spoke at the same time. They laughed, it was good to hear the other boy laugh. It's been a year.

"How are you Nine?"

"I am doing well, Chen. Have... I mean, you okay... your injuries. Fuck, you know what I mean right?" 

Chen can hear the reluctance in Nine's voice "Yes. I healed in about a month's time. I needed to read your letter right away."

"Really now?"

"I read it every day that I already memorized it."

"You're shitting me." Nine laughed.

"My dear Chen," Chen started to recite the letter. "I hope you are okay now." Chen can hear Nine gasp on the other line. "I want to tell you that I am so sorry. I didn't want this to happen to you."

Chen stopped reciting "Are you still there?"

"Yes..." Nine almost whispered.

Chen continued "For the two weeks that we've been together, I have never been happier. Remember what I told you on the couch the night before all of this happened? I have never been more wrong because I realized that I was sure, I am sure that I want you to stay in my life but not under these circumstances. I want to make sure that my feelings are not due to a savior complex between us." Chen paused when he heard sniffling from the other line. "You see, you may be an asshole at times but you are a great guy. And a great guy like you deserves someone better than a broken and damaged boy." 

"Please stop." He heard Nine say.

"I am going to fix myself. And if the gods would permit that one day, our paths would cross again and we still feel the same towards each other, please ask me again." Chen paused once more "So... do you think we have a chance this time?"

"Ask me in person." Nine answered.

"Then open your door."

"What?"

"I said open your door, it's fucking cold."

Nine scrambled out of his seat and slightly opened his door. He found Chen in a coat with a bouquet of flowers. "How?"

"I have my ways." Chen gave Nine the warmest smile. 

Nine slammed the door on his face. Chem knocked on the door again. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

Nine slightly opened the door and peeked "Why are you here? Where is Mr. Kim?"

Chen showed him his phone "Three-way call." Nine tried to close the door again but Chen stopped it with his foot. "Come on"

"I AM NAKED!" Nine shouted.

"As if I haven't seen that before." Chen rolled his eyes.

Nine opened the door again, this time, he was wearing a robe. "Come in."

"I was afraid you were going to turn me away." Chen pouted.

"How did you find me?" Nine asked in confusion

"Facebook." Chen smiled.

"Fuck." Nine totally forgot to set his privacy settings.

"Do you have someone new, Nine?" 

Nine just stared at Chen.

"I brought you flowers." Chen handed him the roses.

"Thank you, they are beautiful." Nine smelled the roses.

"I missed you." Chen touched Nine's face.

Nine took Chen's hand and kissed his palm "I am so sorry. I'm so sorry." Nine's tears started to fall, no matter how much he apologized, it felt like it is not enough for the trouble he caused.

Chen pulled Nine to a hug "Hush, it's okay. I never blamed you." he kissed Nine's forehead and wiped his tears. 

"Don't surprise me like this again." Nine lightly punched Chen's chest. "Wait, I'll text my classmate that I'll be absent today."

"Mr. Kornchid! I didn't know I'm this special."

"Well, do you want me to go to school?"

"No." Chen kissed Nine's lips. Nine pushed him away. Confused, he asked him a question "why?"

"I can feel your dick. You are hard. Behave."

Chen laughed "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. You just have this effect on me." Nine raised an eyebrow "you know, the Nine effect."

"I'll make you dinner." Nine said.

"But I'd rather eat you."

"Stop or I'll make you leave." 

Chen juts smiled. "You haven't answered my question yet."

"Ask me after a few days." Nine smiled.

"Can I stay here tho?"

"Yes, but no hanky-panky. No alcohol. No kissing while in bed. I know what happens after."

Chen rolled his eyes. He will get his answer by tonight, he can feel it.