"Mornings"

Nine woke up and reached out to Chen's side of the bed only to find it empty. He started to notice the smell of amazing breakfast and the hum of soft music coming from the kitchen.

He followed the sound and smell and found a shirtless Chen dancing to Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift while cooking bacon pancakes.

Nine watched silently at the goofiness of the boy. Chen finally noticed him standing at the threshold of the kitchen and greeted him "Good morning! I'm preparing breakfast for you." 

Nine took a seat and returned the greeting "Good morning too. Looks nice."

"What? The food or me?" Chen then slowly lowered the front part of his shorts to show his pubes and the base of his cock.

"The food of course" Nine rolled his eyes.

"You ate me once so I'm also considered food." Chen winked.

Nine can't believe that a few weeks ago, the shirtless guy in front of him offered to pay him to pretend to be his boyfriend, but he is now cooking breakfast for him like a house husband. He suddenly thought about Yibo. He did not expect to see him again. It's like fate is playing a trick on him. His past is coming back, his present is meddling with his past, his future is still uncertain. Either his past or present will be his future. 

"Hey Nine, I was asking how do you like your eggs?" Chen snapped him out of his musing.

"Sorry, I'm still sleepy. I'll eat anything you give me."

"Eat me." Chen stared at him tauntingly.

"Mr. Aydin, you do not flirt at this time of the day. One should eat and then drink coffee before they can function." Nine threw a towel at Chen.

"Ah yes, I forgot to ask you, how do you like your coffee?"

"Black, a teaspoon of sugar." 

"Coming right up!"

Chen placed a steaming brew in front of him. He took it, smelled the aroma and took a sip. He missed freshly brewed coffee and it made him smile, brought back many memories of home. He noticed that Chen was just watching him. "What?"

"Nothing" Chen then turned his back at Nine "Nine..."

"What?"

"Are you... okay?" Chen reluctantly asked.

"Surprisingly, I am." Nine took another sip at his coffee.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Chen's demeanor started to change.

Nine was reluctant to answer. 

"Nine?"

Nine contemplated a bit and then answered "Yes."

Chen felt like a knife was driven through his heart. Why should he feel pain? They are just friends, right? He sucked Nine's dick once, they fucked twice and that is that. He only held him in his arms for several nights right? But why does one word need to hurt this much? It's been less than 2 weeks but he got attached as quick as a newly fastened velcro. Before Chen knew it, he felt tears running down his cheeks. "Okay." Chen tried to wipe his tears, pretending that he is wiping away sweat. he pretended to sound cheerful "Okay, here you go! Eat up, I need you to finish that. We have a long day ahead. I need to take a shower." he then made a run towards the bath, turned on the shower and stood under it. He let his tears flow, damn, two heartbreaks in less than 2 weeks. He feels so much like a loser right now. 

Nine sat on the table, staring at the food Chen prepared for him. No matter how much Chen stried to hide it, he still saw the tears on the other boy's eyes. He has hurt another person. 

Chen finally stepped out of the shower and dried himself, things should not be awkward between him and Nine. After donning the robe, he went out of the bath. "Nine are you done eating?" Chen did not hear a response "Nine?" Chen went to the kitchen and found it empty except for the food he prepared. 

Panic started to grip him.