*A Party*

Nine was pacing in his room when a knock came to his door.

"What?" He called out.

"Sir, your father sent an instruction for you to dress up for an event later. Of strict compliance. You need to be ready by 5 PM"

Nine didn't answer but started to make preparations. He does not want to test his father.

Nine went to the car prepared for him and was brought to the Kongthanin Hotel. He's not quite sure what was going on but he followed his father's assistant. He was led to a banquet hall filled with people from the business industry.

"What is going on?" Nine asked his father's assistant.

"Please proceed to the stage beside your father."

As Nine proceeded to walk towards the stage, his father started to talk on the microphone. "Ah here's my son!"

Nine looked at the crowd and spotted Yibo in the crowd beside his father. He made a small wave and Yibo beamed his smile at him.

"I also want to call the Pawat family on the stage."

Confusion was plastered on Nine's face as he went on the stage.

"This day fills my hear with so much joy. Our families has been friends for years and our children practically grew up together."

His father urged him to take the spot beside Ohm.

"Today, our families would like to announce that we are taking this friendship to another level..."

"Father... what is going on?" Nine nervously asked his father but he was ignored by the patriarch.

"We are announcing that my son, Nine Kornchid, is set to marry Ohm Pawat after their graduation!"

Nine was floored. The first thing he did was look for Yibo in the crowd. When they finally met eyes, the other boy averted his gaze.

Nine was beyond heartbroken. He was about to go offstage to go to Yibo but his father stopped him "Set foot off stage and I will make sure that that boy's family will be miserable."

He looked at Ohm who was staring at him blankly.

"Take a picture with Ohm, now." His father commanded.

Nine took his spot beside Ohm, he was raging inside. "Do you have any knowledge about this?"

"Smile, cameras are focused at us."

Nine stormed off the stage after the pictorial and looked for his father. He finally spots him sitting in a table behind the stage.

"Father, why?"

"You will not question my decision."

"Can't I have a say about my life?"

"Not when you are going to ruin my company and ruin the friendship that I built for years."

"What?"

His father huffed and took a swig of whatever he is drinking "I saw Ohm leave your room and he was crying. I can't believe that you would dare hurt Ohm! His father gave me a call and threatened to pull out of the company and invest in the competition!" His fathet sighed and continued "He's a son to me, I have always thought that you were going to end up together."

"I don't love him father."

"Defy me and I'll ruin the Wang family." His father said with such finality, he knew he had to bide his wish.

Nine turned his back at his father and proceeded to hide in a spare room. He turned off the lights and sat in the darkness.

The door suddenly opened and he saw Ohm enter. He kept quiet and observed what the other boy was going to do. He saw him take out his phone.

"Park, you did good. Great photos by the way."

Nine was frozen on the spot.

"Yes, they just announced our engagement. I told you that old Kornchid is gullible."

Nine can hear Ohm laugh from what the other person on the line told him.

"If I can't have him, he won't be happy with anyone else."

Nine wanted to sob but he needs to stay quiet.

"Yeah, I still need to look for him. He suddenly disappeared. I'll transfer you the money after this event. I'll give you a bonus after I get married" Ohm let out another laugh. "I don't think Yibo is going to be a problem. If he becomes one, you can make him disappear, right?"

Chills went up Nine's spine. He has never been this afraid his whole life.