From afar 3

I never said this would be a happy story...

Gerard and frank laughed, tears in their eyes from how hard they laughed. Gerard threw his head back still laughing and wiping tears from his eyes.

"You still got it frank, I gotta hand it to you"Gerard chuckled clutching his stomach. He gently patted frank on the back. Frank smiled and it would be a huge fucking lie if he said he didn't get butterflies when Gerard touched him. Frank shook his head and wrapped his arm around Gerard.

"Well Mikey is very easy to imitate" frank giggled. Gerard nodded head no. "Psh nah man you do it perfect" he smiled

Gerard had been here for almost a week and
today was his last day so they decided to get absolutely shit faced. Frank looked at Gerard with hooded eyes and Gerard looked back at him. A smiled plastered on both their faces.

"You wanna go to our spot?" Frank said. Gerard raised an eyebrow at him. "You mean the bridge right? Not our prostates?" Gerard giggled. Frank rolled his eyes and elbowed Gerard on the side.
"Shut up dumbass...obviously the bridge. Although feeling our prostates does sound better" frank smirked

Gerard rolled his eyes and lightly shoved him shaking his head. Frank cleared his throat and stood up from the bench they were sitting on.

"Ight come on, let's go" frank smiled. They walked and talked about how they met, school and even though frank dreaded the topic they talked about relationships.

"So you and 'mia still together?" Gerard smiled kicking a pebble on the cracked old road. It had been closed off and they had to sneak through a fence to get here.

"No man that ended a while ago. Things always seem to turn sour" frank shrugged, his eyes firmly on the road in front of him. He could feel Gerard looking at him.

"Oh I'm sorry about that frank, I'll sure you'll find someone who understands you" Gerard said with a sad smile. "Well how are you and lynz?" Frank smiled trying to steer the topic away from him

"Good...well they're okay. She wants a kid and I'm still not sure I really want that you know?" Gerard sighed scratching the back of his neck. Frank nodded and felt a strong hand hold on to his shoulder

Frank looked up at Gerard raised an eyebrow.
"What?" He said quietly. He could see Gerard's eyes slowly glisten from the tears forming.

"Hey man what's wrong? I'm sorry about lynz I-"before he could finish Gerard pressed his lips on franks forehead. Frank felt his body stiffen and then relax. Gerard pulled him in close and they hugged. Just a street light shinning on them. They were only a couple feet from the bridge now.

Frank slowly rubbed Gerard's back trying to calm him down. He wasn't sure what was wrong so he didn't know what to say.

Gerard pulled away and looked at frank with the saddest face frank has seen on a human.
"Gerard please what's wrong?" Frank said placing his hand on the side of Gerard's face. Gerard smiled and leaned his face into frank's hand, holding it with his own.

Frank felt his stomach flutter which was kinda fucked up because Gerard was over here crying and all frank could really think about what how beautiful he looked, when while he cried

Gerard grabbed franks face gently and placed a soft kiss to his lips. Franks eyes went wide. He wasn't even sure what the hell was going on. All he knew is that he'd been waiting his whole life for this.

Frank closed his eyes and kissed Gerard back gently . Both of them sighing softly as if they were finally able to breath for the first time in forever. They kissed gently, feeling like if they kissed too hard they would both break.

Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard, holding him from his hips. Slowly running his hand up and feeling his hair. Gerard smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around frank.

The moment seemed to last forever before Gerard pulled away. The same sad face plastered on.

"I'm sorry frank. I've always been in love with you but I can't do this to lynz" Gerard cried, wiping the tears as they fell.

"Gerard"frank said with a lump in his throat the size of New Jersey. His eyes full of tears that he didn't dare let spill

"I'm sorry" Gerard said before he turned around and started walking away. Frank didn't move. He watched him. He watched him leave his life once again. This time more painful than the last. There had been a spark that they both ignored and swallowed.

Frank eventually settled down with jamia, they had three kids and life was going alright. He wasn't as sad, but he wasn't absolutely happy either. He loved his kids and his wife but his mind still wandered about Gerard. How was he?

Frank was now in his late 30's when his cellphone rang. "Unknown number" he shrugged and answered anyways.

"Frank" a voice called

Franks hearts nearly stopped

"Gerard"

T H E E N D