Chapter 23

Please read the note at the end of this chapter. Thank you! 

4 Years later.  

I bit my lip nervously, sitting in the bathroom of our new apartment. I can remember the same feeling nearly five years ago. The same gut wrenching feeling of "Is this happening right now?" But this time, I was more prepared. I tore open the familiar box that help my future... again. Pregnancy tests. With shaky hands, I pulled the cap off the test and stuck it between my legs, too nervous to pee. I had downed at least four bottles of water thirty minutes prior to this moment. After a few seconds, a small amount of urine trickled onto the stick. Not a lot due to how nervous I was, but enough for the test to read. I finished my business, setting the test upside down on the toilet and standing up. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, running my red painted finger nails through my now dyed black hair, and biting my lip. 

This time, if I was pregnant, I wanted to enjoy every moment. I wanted to look back at my new pregnancy in the future and smile thinking about it. Unlike when I was pregnant with my first born, James. James but everyone calls him Jamie for short. 

I grabbed the camera off the counter and clicked the on button. The first picture that popped up was of Jamie. The light of my life. The picture was taken earlier today. He was wearing a beanie to cover his hair, which grew into beautiful chocolate curls. Don't let me forget about those big blue eyes. He just resembled Caleb so much, it warmed my heart. 

I flipped up the front of the camera, facing it towards me as I took a shaky breath, and pressed record.

"This is gonna be a big moment in my life... another big moment. Jamie, if you're watching this in the future, that means mommy is having your younger brother, or sister. Caleb, if you're watching this... congrats you're gonna be a father again!" Tears began building up in my eyes, and rolling down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away and continued. I wanted this to be raw, unedited so my future child will see the love I have for him or her.

I propped the camera up on the counter as I took a seat on the toilet. "To my future baby, right now I am in the bathroom of your future home. I am waiting to see if I am pregnant or not. Your father really wants another baby, I do too. I'm a little nervous right now, and I've never done anything like this. But daddy suggested that if we ever find out were expecting to document it." I laughed tears pouring out. "He's such a dork."

"I want to tell you and Jamie a little story. It started back when I was a senior in high school. I was seventeen, a little bit of a nerd, but your dad seemed to love that about me, and still teases me about it to this day. Well, I met your dad at a party, and well, um some things happened that night. And Jamie, if I ever find out that you're drinking at a party I will be very disappointed, but things happen. Anyways, I fell pregnant. I didn't have the best pregnancy with you, but believe me when I tell you that I never stopped loving you. When I had a bad day, I would lay in bed at night and talk to you. I knew you loved my voice because you would always kick me, very hard when I spoke to you." 

I looked down at my stomach, smiling and wrapping my arms around myself. "Your father and I fell in love with you, more and more every day as you grew inside of me. We even managed to get our own apartment! With the help of Nana and Papa of course." I said. "When you were born, I will never forget the feeling you gave me. You lite up my life in a way that I never thought was possible. We were both so young, holding you in the hospital room. I didn't know what the future had for us. But, I knew with you here, nothing else mattered to me. As long as you were healthy, and happy, and you knew you were loved by everyone, then thats what kept me going in life."