Chapter 22

1 month later...

This past month with James being born changed a lot of things. I feel like things with Caleb has changed a lot. Due to him working so many hours and me staying home all day with the baby caused us to become a little distant. He would come home and go right to shower and go straight to sleep. It made me a little upset that he was missing out so much on Jamie, he wouldn't come to greet either of us. 

I sighed, looking down at Jaime who seemed to fall asleep during tummy time. I already given him a bath and breast fed him which meant it was bed time for him. I carried him down the hall and placed him in his crib, turning the baby monitor and and kissing his fore head.

I heard the shower water running in the bedroom and to be completely honest I was a little afraid to go in there. I decided to sit on the rocking chair in Jamies room and wait for him to get out. 

Jamie was honestly the sweetest baby ever. He barley ever cries, only when he wants attention, had a dirty diaper or was hungry. He took after Caleb with the blue eyes, which I wasn't surprised. He has dark brown hair in the back and light brown hair on the top which I thought was the most adorable thing ever. He is even starting to follow me with his eyes whenever I walk around, move his head around and during tummy time he is starting to lift his head up. Every day is something new with him and he impresses me so much with everything he does. As far as feeding and sleeping goes, he wakes up every 3-4 hours at night and eats every 2 hours when he is awake. Sometimes he sleeps past his feeding time but its fine with me.

Once I heard the water shut off, I stood up and walked into the bedroom.

"How was your day?" I asked Caleb when he walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"It went well, how was yours?"

"Good, Jamie did some tummy time as usual."

He nooded, walking over to the dresser and sliding on his boxers and a pair of shorts. 

"Caleb can we talk please?" I whispered and he quickly turned around to look at me, worry all over his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I looked down, taking in a deep breath and letting it out. "I know that you work a lot and leave work early and come home late at night but I feel like your shutting me and Jamie out. I feel like there is so much distance between us and I hate it. I love you so much but I wish you would just give us a little more attention. You walk right past Jamie as if he doesn'e exist sometimes and I just want us to be happy."

"I am happy baby," I hadn't realized he was standing in front of me and took my hands into his. "I know it seems like things are going South and I will admit its just because of work and stress of not sleeping enough. I guess the first thing on my mind when I get home is just to go to sleep but I'm sorry. I love you too and I never realized that I was ignoring Jamie I'm sorry about that."

"I even have tomorrow off, I'll spend it with you and Jaime and we'll stay home all day and it'll just be about us." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'd like that." I smiled.

"Come on lets go to bed," He began to tug me towards the bed but I pulled back.

"There is no way in hell that I'm laying in those clean sheets that I washed today with dirty clothes on. I need to shower."

"I can help you with the shower," He winked and I blushed

"You already took a shower."

"I still feel a little dirty." He shrugged.

I grabbed a pillow from off the floor and chucked it at him, then procceded to pad off into the bathroom with a smug look on my face.

"You're gonna regret that." I heard him say before I quickly ran to the bathroom door and closed it, locking it in the process. "Open the door baby."

"No!" I giggled.

"Please come on." He begged.

"I'll be out in ten minutes." I announced, turning on the shower water and dropping my dirty clothes. I stared at my body in the mirror, I still had stretch marks from my pregnancy that I hated, but Caleb seemed to love. He always told me he adored them because it was a sign there was life in there and that I carried his son. Of course my body wasn't as small as it used to be. I gained about 40 pounds in my pregnancy, but already lost 18. 

When I took Jamie to my last check up, doctor told me that in about a week or two I could start working out. She reccomended to start with walking a few miles to get my body used to it and not exhaust my body too much. She insisted that I do a few work outs just to help loose the extra weight. 

"Roseeeee" I heard Caleb complain from outside the bathroom door.

"Hold on, hold on."

I hoped into the shower, taking my time just to annoy Caleb and also because I cant remember the last time I got to enjoy a shower. I washed my hair, then my body and let the warm water relax my muscles before I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around myself.

I swung open the bathroom door and smiled at Caleb. "See all squeaky clean and ready for bed." I quickly changed into one of Calebs comfortable T-shirts and boxers. You know what they say, once you move in with your girlfriend, your clothes becomes her clothes too.

Caleb didn't seem to mind that I constantly wore his close around the house, he told me once or twice that he loved it. 

I climbed into bed with him after turning off the lights and he wrapped his arms around me. "I love you so much.

"I love you more."

A/N: I did sooo much research about how much a baby can progress in one month for this chapter it was crazyyyyyy. I hope you guys enjoyed these past 2 chapters, please make sure to share, vote, comment and follow. It means so much to me. Thank you!!!