Chapter 8.

Two and a half weeks later....

        Each passing day I seemed to be getting bigger. There was always something new going on. One day I would crave ice cream and saltine crakers, the next I would crave steak, chicken, roast beaf. It was mostly meat that I craved. By now, I had a small pudge at the bottom of my stomach, and it was noticable with tight clothing. Not that I had a lot of tight clothing, but they were getting tight. Not to mention how my bra's were begginning to feel slightly uncomfortable and tight.

I was getting a lot bigger.

And my mother was noticing.

I threw on a pair of old jeans that were loose fitting and a hoodie. I let my hair hang loose, not bothering to do anything with it. As I walked down the steps, I noticed that my mother and Jacob were sitting on the couch, talking lowly to each other.

"Rose? Is that you?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, mom." I walked into the living room where they were huddled up close. "I'm going over to Macy's for a few hours."

"Sweetie," Mom whispered, placing a hand over her chest. My eyes darted over to Jacob who's eyes were narrowed, staring at my stomach, jaw set. "Come sit with us please. We need to talk."

"W-What do you want to talk about?" I asked, slowly moving to the far end of the couch. Mother looked concerned, tears already flowing in her eyes while Jacob looked beyond pissed.

"Is it to late to talk about you about... sex?" She asked, her usual sweet tone cracking.

"I-" I began but Jacob quickly cut me off.

"Who's the fucking scum bag that knocked you up! I'll kill him!" He roared and I jumped off the couch from his tone. 

"Jacob!" Mother hissed, then turned to me, grabbing my hand. "Honey, are you pregnant?"

Oh God! There was no hiding it now. Sweat began to build up on my face while my hand began to frantically swipe it away. I was showing at only three months, and they already knew. I was hoping to wait a while longer, while things with Caleb and I cool down before I told them. 

"Rosalie!" Her tone rose and I stared at the both of them for a long moment. There was no going back... no hiding it. There was no way I would say no now, then a few weeks later tops I would be getting bigger and they would find out.

"I'm so sorry, mommy." I whispered and she let out a gasp. I fell into her arms, shaking, sobbing while I apologized. I couldn't look up to see what look Jacob had on his face. He was my older brother, only by three years, I couldn't imagine the disappointment on his face.

"I'm so sorry. I-I can't explain how sorry I am. It just happened and... I wish I could take it back. Please, I don't care how mad you are at me... please just don't stop loving me." I sobbed, covering my face with my hands.

"Shh, baby. It's okay. I'm never going to stop loving you. I am mad, yes and disappointed but I will never stop loving you." She ran her hands through my tangled hair and rubbed my back.

"Your not mad?" I choked, looking up at her.

Mom hesitated, biting her lip and shook her head. "Of course I am mad. You are only seventeen! How could you let this happen!"

"I don't know.. I made a mistake. I am so sorry." I choked on another sob.

"But you know it could have been worse," Mother said, pulling my hands away from my face. Her eyes were watering, but she was trying not to cry. Ever since my father left us ten years ago, Mom never cried. She wanted to stay strong for us, but sometimes at night I could hear her sobbing loudly for hours straight.