𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝙸𝚝

Sana's POV

When you grow up, things start being more insignificant. Those problems you had as a teenager disappear as dust through the air. You stop worrying if your crush likes you or not and you start worrying if you're going to eat next week. You start to feel mentally exhausted by worrying about shit that isn't really that deep.

Or at least that's how me, a 29 year old feels.

Monday. Clock was 7:00 am. A very loud alarm came from it that made me feel like my ears were being ripped off.  I barely open my eyes, annoyed, to turn it off and they wide as I see the hour.

"Shit! I'm late!" I say as I get out of bed, not even worrying about putting my slippers on, feeling the cold floor hit my feet, making me shiver.

I jump on the shower and jump back out, as fast as I can. The water was cold as hell as I didn't have time to wait for it to get warm. I eat a banana as I put on my shoes and look for my work uniform. By the time I'm combing my hair im also brushing my teeth. The clock strikes 7:20 am and i'm out of my apartment.

You see, as a failed artist, life is pretty hard. I still have hope that one day my art would get recognized. Do I regret studying art for four and a half years? no...

... or well sometimes when its Sunday at 9:14 pm and I have a glass of cheap wine I got from the gas station with a cigarette on my other hand while I look through my little window wondering where did I go wrong, I might slightly regret it.

"I'm here I'm here!" I scream as I reach the bakery.

"About time stupid, I can't keep covering up for you! I need this job" Wendy snaps at me and throws me the apron with my name tag on it.

"geez sorry, I lost the first bus so I had to run here" I said as I catch the apron.

"Yeah you look like a mess, here, let me help you" She says and starts weeping the sweat on my forehead with a napkin and fixing my hair. She stares at my eyes a little longer than expected and stands closer to me, so I give her a friendly smile before looking away.

"So, uhh... What's on for today?" I ask awkwardly, she throws the napkin and looks away

"Today... you're on the cash register" She says looking at a schedule pasted with tape at the back of the employee's bathroom door.

The bell on the front desk rings and makes us both me and Wendy give our attention to it.

"Hello? Does somebody works here or what?" a probably middle-aged, white, sweaty and very annoyed man says, carrying a briefcase on one hand and a coffee from Starbucks in the other.

I curse my own existence and exhale, Wendy pats my back as I make my way to the cash register, while she goes back to the dough.

Once again I exhale and try to put on my best fake smile to the customer.

"Welcome to Twice's bakery, how may I help you today?" I try to smile sincerely, but it wasn't working, I hated this man already, and every customer to be honest.

"Finally you do your fucking job" he spits "Give me those chocolate cookies you always have on sale" I clench my teeth as I know what was coming.

"I'm sorry sir, we're on shortage. We will have them restocked next week" I said, trying to sound as cool as possible.

"What the fuck do you mean they're not available? Can't you do one single task?" He spits once again.

"Please come back next week" I said trying to not lose my temper.