i is for idiot

Scott Lang wasn't Hope's type.

For one thing, he's an ex-con. Sure, she dated her share of bad boys in her youth, all ways to piss her dad off, but never former criminals. In Scott's defense, he was trying to be a modern-day Robin Hood but still, he was an idiot.

And that's the second thing. He's an idiot who made a vice out of being self-less.

Exhibit A: burgling money from criminals and giving it back to their victims without a thought as to the consequences of getting caught. Exhibit B: risking his life to fight the battles of an old, retired, billionaire who blackmailed Scott into accepting the job. And Exhibit C: abandoning his friends, his daughter, and Hope to aid Captain America in his fight against super soldiers.

The problem with Scott was that most of the time, he thought with his heart rather than with his head. The other remaining time, he let his head think his heart was in the right place.

Oh, it wasn't always bad.

Hope remembered that one time when Scott convinced her to play hooky.

"Come on," Scott pleaded, the twinkling in his eye doing its job of telling Hope that this was a bad idea. "Don't tell me you've never thought of doing it."

"No! Unlike you, I don't skirt from my training. And I definitely don't use those disks as toys." She grabbed the Pym Particles Disks from his naughty hands.

"Who said we're playing with them?"

Hope raised her signature brow. "You want to use the disk to make a giant marshmallow."

Scott waved his hand as if to say that Hope's statement proved his point. "See? Not playing! Eating!"

Hope crossed her arms. "Don't think I don't know what you're planning. I saw the chocolate syrup downstairs. I'm not taking my clothes off and 'eating' marshmallow with you."

"The chocolate syrup is actually for Cassie," he pointed out. "But I like the way you think."

Hope huffed out a chuckle which was a mistake in hindsight, seeing as Scott would always always be successful in exploiting any weakness he saw in her.

He took her hand and tugged. She fit right in his arms which was weird considering how shorter he was compared to her.

"Come on," he whispered. "It'll be fun. And kinky if you want it kinky. The ants can clean up right after."

Hours later, lying on a literal cloud of marshmallow, her chocolate coated body nestled in Scott's arms, Hope had already forgotten why she argued against this idea in the first place.

Scott did that a lot—make her forget things, shake her loose.

"We're gonna get sick, you do realize that." Somehow Hope couldn't stop pointing out things that could break the bubble they've created for themselves.

Scott hummed and licked her earlobe. "We'll let the ants deal with that cleanup too."

And sure she loved sleeping with him, but she loved the domestic moments even more...

...Like whenever they played Rock Band. Frankly, you could put Scott anywhere—mic, drums, guitar—and he'd perform.

Hope's never laughed so much than when she saw Scott playing the guitar a la Tom Cruise in Risky Business,

Cassie took the video.

The thing was Scott Lang just wasn't Hope's type. He wasn't the no-nonsense bachelor who would help her kick her father out of the company. He wasn't the guy who had the flair for the romantic.