preggers

"Dad, where's Scott?", the door to the lab burst opened, as Hope hurriedly walked in, her tone unpleasant.

"Uh oh", Hank muttered upon hearing his daughter's voice. Before the interruption, he was closely watching the computer's monitor with a microphone over his ear. Swiftly, he closed the screens with a click and turned around, nonchalantly blocking the view.

"I don't know Hope. He's not at home?", he shrugged casually.

"No, he's not. And he left this!", she furiously shook a piece of paper that she held on her hand.

"What's that?", he took the paper from her and scribbled on it were Scott's handwriting.

'Hope, I'm sorry. I have to leave for a few days. I promise I'll be back soon. Love, Scott.'

Oh shit, that idiot.

Scott had contacted Hank a few hours before, after arriving at Germany. He confessed to him that he had 'borrowed' the Ant-Man suit to fight alongside with Captain America, much to Hank's dismay and disapproval. He broke the news that Hank was going to be a grandfather soon and he needed his help to get a ride home. Hank didn't agree with the Sokovia Accords, partly because of his resentment towards Stark. Still, he didn't want to be a part of it but Scott had to ruin it all. There was no turning back so Hank had grudgingly agreed to the plan.

"You tell me dad! Where the hell is he? And what were you looking at before I came in?", she questioned, her brows forming a frown. She moved towards him, and tried to get a peek at the monitors. He knew there was no way to stop his daughter from getting the information she wanted.

"Hope...", he sighed. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Scott, he's at Germany..."

Her heart sank.

Scott was in a van with Clint Barton and Wanda Maximoff, as they made their way to meet up with Steve Rogers. He laid down at the back seat of the van, a scramble of thoughts flashing through his mind.

"Scott, I need to tell you something important.", Hope was leaning against the kitchen counter, holding a coffee mug, her expression solemn, as she watched him pour Fruit Loops into a cereal bowl.

He stopped halfway and looked at her. "Okay...?", he raised a brow as he observed her. "Is something wrong?", he asked carefully and slowly placed the cereal box on the table. He recognized the look on her face, and it usually meant business or she was punching an enemy in the face. Furthermore, he couldn't shake off the odd vibe he was receiving from her lately.

Oh shit, she knows, he thought to himself. The day before, Sam Wilson had reached out to him last minute, saying that Steve Rogers was recruiting a team of superheroes against psycho-assassins and he was selected as one of the recruits. He was elated and without much serious thought, he agreed.

"Hope, I ---", he was about to come clean when she held up her hand to stop him. He gulped.

She placed her mug down and cleared her throat. "I'm...", she paused, and rubbed her temples.

He stared attentively at her but she was avoiding his gaze.

A moment of silence hung in the air.

Scott got off his chair and walked towards her, concerned. He had never seen her this anxious before. "What is it? Are you sick?", he stooped down a little to look at her, and placed his hands on her shoulders, gently rubbing them, attempting to calm her down.

"No I'm not sick. I'm fine. It's just that...", she took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I'm pregnant.", she blurted. She had been trying to tell him the news for the past one week, but she just couldn't bring herself to it. Her mind ran through a hundred different scenarios. How would he react? Sure, he had a daughter, but she didn't know if he would want another child, and this was unplanned. Hell, they had never even talked about marriage and what more about having a baby. She didn't think she was going to be a mother, not just yet. Can she even be a mother to a tiny human being? She didn't hate kids, but she wasn't particularly comfortable around them. Though Cassie's an exception, she loves Cassie. She was bright, smart, and brave.