DINNER

So Shnaya had shifted to Vikram,s wing of rooms but was staying separately in a separate bedroom. "Shnaya beta you missed lunch so I ordered tea and some snacks for you. Let us mother and daughter have our tea together. Shnaya you cooked such delicious breakfast today that I am proud of you as a mother . I have a very talented daughter. Shnaya tell me about you, your life before marriage."

Shnaya had tears in her eyes,.She was very lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.

"Shnaya why are your crying? Did I say something to hurt you ?"

"No mom it,s just that I have never known what it is liked to be loved by a mother. It's not that my stepmom was not nice but to be honest she never loved me the way you do"she hesitated while saying this.

Tea time was very pleasant and two hours passed while Shnaya described her life before marriage. She even told the Maharani about her jewellwry designing.

Maharani noticed that when Shnaya spoke of her business her eyes shown . She decided to inform Vikram of the same.

"Mom do you know when vikram will be back ?"

"Dear he is not in the palace. I believe he is busy with some new investors but he should be back till dinner .Now it's time for the Maharaja's medcnes so we shall meet for dinner "

Shnaya was excited . Vikram would be back for dinner so she decided to dress up for him. She wore a dark turquoise blue lehnga with her hair done in a beautiful french braid.She wore the same necklace which Vikram had gifted to her after their engagement.

"Shnaya beta looking ver pretty today"said the Maharani.

"I agree with you. Shnaya you are looking so pretty that I will sit with you for dinner tonight"

However as usual chachi had to spoil the mood," Makeup can do wonders and you are the best proof of that"

Vikrm had not arrived but dinner had started so Shnaya took her dinner albiet quietly.

Everyone was sitting at the dining table when a messenger arrived stating that Rajkumar was delayed and wouldn't be back tonight.

The Maharaja left so chachi got another chance to humiliate Shnaya.

Now Chachi had to have the last laugh," Didi ever since he has got married Vikram is working too hard. Don't you think so? Sometimes I feel he is not happy to get married. He is my son and I can't see him suffering like this. Was his marriage to Shnaya forced? sometimes I wonder because brides do not change at last moment" saying this she left the room.

Shnaya was embarassed and she too left the room abruptly but Maharani had seen that she was crying.

She banged her bedroom door shut, tore of the lehnga from her body, threw the necklace on the floor and lay on her bed crying.

Vikram had ditched her again.