Chapter 5 - Foundation-stone and union

Disclaimer: Naruto and every character of the Naruto universe belongs to Kishimoto Masashi and companies I don't know.

I want to thank the hard work of ScarsOfTime (u/947576/), without him, I am lost.

Original Upload date: 29/11/212

Last update: none

Chance for a Prophecy

Chapter 5. – Foundation-stone and union

Toroku had been staring after the vanishing silhouette of the Sandaime Hokage for long minutes from the exact same spot. 'Damn, he's strong.' He couldn't recall when he had drawn out the staff or when he moved to use it. The old man was still fast and incredibly powerful. But he was glad. After he "saw" the ANBU and the Hokage in action, he was sure that his actions were unnecessary, even if he had sensed the intruder a millisecond before them. After a last shrug, Toroku made his way towards his room on the narrow path, back to the village.

He was lost in his thoughts about the previous fight with Kakashi. He managed it much better than he first thought he would, but a new feeling bothered him. That enormous rage that he felt. What if the same thing happened during a real mission and he froze in the middle of a life and death situation when facing with a strong and dangerous opponent, or if his feelings overwhelm him while he is facing with a friend during a sparring match? He couldn't let that happen again. He had to harden himself and lock away everything from his old self, to prevent a future catastrophe. As he was walking towards the village, he suddenly stopped and flung his head up when he had realized...

He was alone... He was alone outside of his room, for the very first time since he had woken up in the hospital. Okay, not perfectly alone, but besides only one ANBU hiding ten meters from him behind a cliff, he was almost alone. A smile appeared on his features and a warm sensation filled his chest. A sensation of his first steps to gain their trust. With this last thought he continued his trip toward the village, smiling and enjoying the nature around him and the warm breeze as it gently stroked his whisker marks on his cheeks.

.....

Sarutobi looked up from the long and irritating scroll in front of him to answer a knock on the door. He already waited for his arrival and he wasn't surprised when he first sensed the familiar chakra signal.

"Come in, Minato."

"Sarutobi-sama." He bowed and approached him with graceful and confident steps.

"I heard what happened."

"Yes. I already received a short summary about the interrogation. Inoichi-san is a very efficient shinobi. It seems that our guest from Iwa was originally a spy, but he couldn't contain his emotions too well. However, his hiding skills are extraordinary." Minato gave a confused look to the Hokage.

"His mission was only observation, nothing more. Inoichi revealed that his younger brother died during your last mission in Iwa... When he saw Toroku, he thought he was your relative and he couldn't suppress his killing intent." Sarutobi shook his head and looked into the wide cerulean eyes of Minato.

"That's true that we look very alike, but that's ridiculous." Minato frowned and slowly shook his head.

"You not only look alike, but you have more in common than you think, Minato." Sarutobi's eyes darkened after the statement, which started to bother Minato like hell. He hated when he behaved like this, hinting and not spilling out what he knew.

"What do you mean by that?" Minato frowned, his eyes narrowed as Sarutobi had sighed and pulled out a drawer to grab its contents. He slowly eyed the thick file in his hand, sighed again, and after a minute of hesitation he finally handed it over to Minato, then he touched and channeled some chakra into carved pattern on the desk to activate the privacy seals of his office.