Chapter 22 - The strongests of all

Disclaimer: Naruto and every character of the Naruto universe belongs to Kishimoto Masashi and companies, I don't know.

Original upload date: 22th of November 2013

Last update:

Chance for a Prophecy

Chapter 22. – The strongests of all

Naruto, standing behind his father, glanced around the enormous council chamber, which was currently occupied by the strongest people of the whole Shinobi world. All of them were sitting behind their hat, each of them announcing where they came from. He eyed the still old and still wrinkled face of the Tsuchikage and Kitsuchi behind him, then his eyes moved toward the Kazekage, who acknowledged his attention with a small nod. His pools then traveled toward Yashamaru, who observed him with calm and calculating eyes. However they were much softer than the last time.

Then he turned his attention to the delegation of the Mist. Suikazan Fuguki was even bigger than Kitsuchi, and Naruto could only see the hilt of Samehada strapped firmly on his back. Indeed, the member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist actually reminded him of a pufferfish. Beside him, the Mizukage looked like a small child. Yagura eyed him somewhat calculating and curiously, his pink eyes traveled between him and Minato from time to time.

Lastly he glanced up to the awkwardly young face of A, whose eyes were fixed on his father's form, sending sharp glares toward the also young leader. But Naruto paid most of his attention to the young man standing behind him with folded arms, so did this foreign shinobi eye him almost continuously. They stood there silently, each of them observing the other for their own reasons. Bee suddenly smirked at him which kicked him out from the small world of his memories about the loud rapper. Shaking his head, he came back to reality with a wide grin on his face. However, almost everyone else in the room was tense beyond words beside the two jinchuuriki.

The guard's hands were continuously next to one or two hidden weapons, while each of the Kage had been observing the other with calculating and even sometimes cold eyes. Only Minato and the Kazekage shared one glance which wasn't full of suspicion, or in the case some of them even with flaming hatred. But despite all of the hostile feelings, the eyes deep inside sparkled with a small hint of respect for each other's power and curiosity at what the hell is going to happen.

The Tsuchikage's old and wrinkled eyes finally travelled toward Naruto's own and made a face at the sight of the two blonds. Naruto couldn't fight down the urge, he sent a wide smirk in response at the grimace.

"One Yellow Flash was already more than enough. And now, here is a damn clone of him." Ohnoki muttered through his gritted teeth.

The named blond rolled his cerulean eyes and waved a dismissive hand at the aging man."I'm no clone of anyone, jiji." The Tsuchikage snorted angrily, even raising from his seat, however it didn't help him to gain any height. The only thing he managed was to raise the already heavy tension in the room to an almost unbearable level as killing intent started to flow freely from the small village leader.

"Repeat what you said if you dare...Boy! I can still kick you to the afterlife with my arms secured behind my back!" Ohnoki even tried to lean above the long desk to weight his threat toward the still grinning blond boy, who didn't pick up the gloves. Minato let out a long and weary sigh, ran a hand through his golden locks, and opened his mouth to calm down the already pre-disaster mood. But the deep voice of the Raikage stopped him from doing so.

"The boy is right, Ohnoki. You are old. You should have retired ages ago. Just like the Sandaime." The killer intent raised even more and one silent ANBU started to tremble like a leaf in one of the dark corners of the room.