Chapter 8 - Leaders

Disclaimer: Naruto and every character of the Naruto universe belongs to Kishimoto Masashi and companies I don't know.

Original upload date: 24/01/2013

Last update: 27/01/2013

Chance for a Prophecy

Chapter 8. – Leaders

Toroku suddenly jerked up from his bed, facing the window in front of him. The plain moonlight leaked inside the small room, painting everything in silver. The boy slowly leaned forward to sit crossed legs and buried his head into his laps, trying to calm down his quickly beating heart. After a long minute his panting died down as he caught his breath, leaving the room in complete silence except the distance tick of the clock. The drenched shirt was sticking onto his skin like glue; a shiver ran down on his body from the disgusting feeling.

A sigh left his mouth as he peeked at the alarm clock next to the bed. 'Three in the morning. Damn.' He leaned back as he closed his eyes again in the hope that maybe his adrenaline flushed body could still settle down and fall back to sleep again. He threw out the idea. It was impossible for his alarm ready body to sink back into a dream. Maybe into another nightmare. He shook his head to ease the already slowly vanishing scenes of him struggling in a sewer in ankle deep water, the rusty door without a handle and that thing behind it, grumbling only meters from him. Another sigh left his mouth and he slowly headed towards the bathroom for a lifesaving shower.

A small group gathered in Minato's apartment as it was a direct order from him to be there exactly on time, especially underlined for Kakashi who, to everyone's surprise, showed up on time. The whole team and Kushina were sitting impatiently in the living room waiting for the one who ordered absolute punctuality.

The redhead seemed to be the most irritated, given how she was sitting on the couch and leaning against her palm while she tapped her cheek with remarkable speed.

"If he doesn't arrive soon I'm going to kill him...he will be expelled from the bedroom to sleep on this couch if he doesn't appear in the next thirty seconds." Toroku and Rin shared a low chuckle at the rambunctiousness of Kushina. The always stoic Kakashi doesn't confute his name as he just rolled his eyes, picked up a glass of water, and turned towards the group.

"Nobody knows what he is up to with this little gathering?"

"Nothing, he just gave the instructions and then disappeared without any word."

"The same for me." Toroku nodded in agreement with everyone else. A moment later Toroku smiled when the familiar chakra signature reached them from the bedroom.

"Sorry, I was detained." Minato let an apologetic smile appear on his face as he moved closer to the group.

"You know, you were only three seconds from sleeping on the couch," Toroku added cheekily and glanced toward Kushina who nodded and sent an angry look to Minato.

"So why are we here sensei?" With curiosity in her eyes, Rin looked up at the blond who started grinning from ear to ear, gathering confused looks from everybody.

"I asked you to be here because Kushina lost a bet."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kushina snorted and looked up at him with an annoyed look, but Minato stayed silence.

"We are here for an idiotic bet?" Toroku muttered giving an angry glance toward the still grinning Minato. Kakashi and Rin stayed silent while frowning. The blonde's smile became almost hysterical and Kushina stared at him with the biggest frown she could manage before she slowly asked.