Untitled Part 26

Disclaimer: Naruto and every character of the Naruto universe belongs to Kishimoto Masashi and companies whose names I don't know.

Applause goes for my precious beta readers: ImaginationJunkie1412, Duesal10, and Minatochan2

Original upload date: 15th of January 2014

Last update:

Chance for a Prophecy

Chapter 25. – Those Who Break the Rules

The sun had tumbled over the horizon only minutes ago, painting everything in a girly pink and drawing long, abstract shadows everywhere. Also, in front of a certain brown haired girl who was quietly strolling the empty streets, a long shadow followed. The paths eagerly waited for the village to awaken from her slumber.

Rin Nohara let out a long sigh in the chilly morning and tucked a chocolate tuft behind her ear. Her lean fingers unconsciously brushed over the rough surface of the carefully hidden page in her pouch. The medic's shift with the research team had ended and she couldn't get any rest because of her wavering emotions and thoughts. They wouldn't let her sleep. So instead of tumbling in her bed all day, she decided to take a walk in the hope that it would settle her storming brain.

But it had the opposite effect. Up to this point, she only had a lot of questions, but with her free time, she had started to form theories. And each one of them were painful, filled with denial, suspicion, and treason. The more she thought, the weirder her conjured explanations became.

In the end, she found herself at her wit's end and without any idea who she could turn to for advice. Her first thought was her sensei, but Minato was way too involved already. His brother —making a sour grimace at the thought—had already wound him around his fingers. There was no way that her teacher could see everything clearly and objectively. Rin knew very well that Minato was happy beyond words when he had found out their relationship, that he still had a living family member. Hokage or not, his heart would shatter if she broke this illusion, even if it was all only a fake mirage.

Kushina was the same. She was already bound tightly within the cheerful and loudmouthed blond's grasp. She couldn't speak to the redhead either. Kakashi was out as well. Even if he was already a jounin, he wouldn't let go of any of his precious people.

Maybe Jiraiya... Rin vehemently shook her head even at the thought. The toad summoner was...well, he was Jiraiya. Even if he was one of the strongest shinobi walking the Earth, Rin doubted he would take the situation seriously. And he also held the blond deep inside his heart.

Only one man's image stayed in her mind, one who she was sure would take the situation and her findings seriously and consider the whole situation with a calm and clear mind. The Third Hokage had always been wise and calm. Due to the long life not many shinobi could live, he possessed the wisdom and experience to solve this mess. And peacefully. Despite her raging emotions Rin couldn't deny the fact that she still wanted to give the loudmouth one final chance to clear himself.

With the decision done, the girl took a sharp turn at the next corner to head toward a well known compound not far away from the Hokage tower. Her footsteps were soundless on the hard surface of thedirt road; only her skirt's soft ruffling broke the perfection of her movements. Civilians started to rise here and there while she headed toward her destination. The empty roads were slowly filled with life. The sweet smell of freshly baked confections floated in the air around her. Merchants ran to their shops to sell their goods, while housewifes hurried beside her to get fresh ingredients onto the breakfast table for their families.