Chapter 7 - Trust and Doubts

Disclaimer: Naruto and every character of the Naruto universe belongs to Kishimoto Masashi and companies I don't know.

I want to thank the hard work of ScarsOfTime ( u/947576/), without him, I am lost.

Original Upload date: 9th of January 2013

Last update: na

Chance for a Prophecy

Chapter 7. – Trust and Doubts

The light of consciousness slowly started to replace the sheer panic, the fear, the darkness, the freezing cold of the dream. The urge to run, flee as far as was just possible from that door. His body flinched at the thought of that thing behind the iron door, the thing desperately trying to break out, to catch him, most likely to tear into his flesh. The sensation finally died down as his dream become foggier and foggier, and it's memory became distant. Only one thing was still clear. The anger and... the red. The brilliant, glowing crimson red he sensed behind the rusty door.

He felt something heavy on his arm. Something very heavy, yet soft, but the numbness was disturbing like hell. As he opened his eyes slowly and turned his head to the side, he saw a ruby-red head resting on her crossed arms, exactly on his arm, pressing his veins. He slowly moved himself, careful not to wake her up, to tenderly slip out his hand. Toroku slowly sat up on the bed, aware not to disturb the girl's sleep, and slowly turned his head over the white room to meet a pair of blue orbs and tenderly smiling face under blond locks.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"Who are you?" The teen's face mirrored confusion as he looked at his companion.

The small smile immediately melted away from the Minato's face. He suppressed a shocked gasp and his eyes were now filled with worry, his mouth slowly opening in his surprise.

A moment later his face mirrored anger, then annoyance, as Toroku couldn't hold back any longer, clasping his hands over his mouth trying to hold back the sound of his laughter ready the break out from his lungs. He couldn't help the violent trembling of his body caused by the restrained laughter. A small, laudably white pillow punched him hard on the face from Minato's way, but he easily caught it before it could hit Kushina's head and disturb her dreams. After a half minute of almost soundless struggling, he felt something moving slowly down at his side, and when he glanced down, he meet two worry-filled green eyes watching him.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" Kushina watched the still trembling teen with a concerned look on her face, misjudging the tremor.

"Too good," Minato answered instead of Toroku after an irritated snort, and the teen burst out laughing, pointing toward him.

"Now that was just priceless! If you could only see your face!"

"You really are an idiot." Toroku waved his hand apologetically, and his laughter died down to small chuckles.

"That was just hilarious."

"That was a really bad joke, you know..."

"What joke?" Kushina had straightened in her chair, her eyes showing a childish curiosity.

"He faked amnesia..." The redhead had turned toward Toroku with a prideful look, and patted his shoulder approvingly.

"Hey, Minato. Really. What happened after the two from Kumo left? It's a little bit foggy." His two companions shared a worried look, before Minato turned toward the teen to answer his question.