Chapter 2

Part 2

After a 15 minute ride from Tachibana station, we disembarked at Hanagaki station for Izumino School.

We mixed into a crowd of boys and girls all wearing the same uniform, and I even saw a few high school boys wearing the classic Japanese Gakuran-style uniform. There must be another high school in the neighborhood.

"Mako-chan, where do you think the Faculty room is?"

"I don't know. Let's ask some people around here."

I was at a loss for words looking upon the castle-sized campus of Izumino School. Mitsuki was nervous and clung to the hem of my uniform. Looking at me with upturned eyes, Mitsuki was indeed the heroine, she was so cute it was amazing. The epitome of femininity.

Woman though I may have been, I couldn't help but want to protect Mitsuki...were the kinds of brotherly thoughts I had. I was shocked at myself.

I cleared my throat, and Mitsuki turned to look at me, bewildered. Facing her, I said,

"I'll ask someone, so Mitsuki, just stay here and-"

"Excuse me. Could you tell me where the Faculty room is?"

Before I could even finish, Mitsuki grabbed a male student and asked for the whereabouts of the Faculty room.

As expected of an Otome game heroine, she's not adverse to taking action. I'd forgotten the heroine of Subaru's Otome game was such a go-getter. If the heroine was too shy, the story would never get anywhere.

"Mako-chan, he said it's over there!"

Unable to notice my internal monologue, Mitsuki returned smiling as if nothing had happened.

"Ah, over there. Then, let's go."

Mitsuki led the way in high spirits, and I followed her from behind to the Faculty room.

It had only been 30 minutes since the shock of being dumped into Subaru's game "Heartthrob Love Revolution", and I was surprised at how much I had already adapted. I believed from the bottom of my heart that this could still very well just be a dream.

When we went into the Faculty room, a male teacher waved at us by the window on the other side of the room.

Mitsuki and I approached the man waving to us. He seemed to be a brand new teacher, and looked more like a salaryman with his nicely cut black hair and gentle expression.

Seeing the laugh lines around his mouth, this teacher was likely the type that laughed a lot. He looked like an earnest teacher, yet something about him exuded a certain sex appeal.

Maybe it was because of his big, round, and young looking eyes, but he was almost kind of cute. And yet that sex appeal was still strangely there.

Our teacher had a printout of our transcripts, and was putting a face to the names written there.

"So you're Makoto Sakurai-kun, and you must be Mitsuki-san?"

"Ah, yes! I'm Mitsuki Sakurai, and this is Makoto."

"I'll be your homeroom teacher then. I'm Tamaki Yurino, your biology teacher."

Tamaki Yurino. I felt like I'd heard that name before, too. I was certain that in Hearthrob Love Revolution, or LoveRevo for short, that this was some sort of special character introduction.

The homeroom teacher was almost always a love interest in school-based Otome games. I mean come on, he was super handsome. If he was just some background character, then the hotness level of the real love interests would be ridiculous.