The Quarrel and the Dog and the Wolf (1)

"Hey, mum."

It's been 3 months since I became a high school boy. It's already July.
I was once a maiden, but now I'm without a doubt a high school boy. It's something praiseworthy.

It's about time I manage to bring out the so-called man in me. In spite of that, "Ack, a guy?!", even now I get a fright if I look into the mirror when I'm half-asleep. It feels as though it's not my body even though it is my body. So much so that I unknowingly burst into laughter at times like that.

There's times when the feeling that I'm male really sinks in.
They're when I stand beside girls, when I talk to Soutarou and company or when I happen to see boys in the toilet.

My height grew by about 20cm, my voice is low and there's no chest. No, well, my chest was already almost nonexistent originally though.

But there aren't many opportunities to turn into a high school boy these days, so I started thinking I should just try and become a cool high school boy. I'll become a high school boy like the ones I thought I'd like to date when I was a girl, yo.

Even as I started to adapt this way and that, as expected I made neither progress nor regress regarding returning back to the real world. Naught.

"Oi, Souta, are you ignoring me!"

"Ehh, I'm the mother?"

"This development, I reckon it happened too before."

I retorted while eating the mango cake, a newly-released summer product.
The 3-person rowdy group of Soutarou, Kaname and I, went to the usual family restaurant. It was in order for us to study there, but the only one seriously studying was Soutarou alone.
Kaname has his head propped on the opened textbooks as he idle and lounge around, and I'm eating cake.

Truth be told, I wanted to eat the giant parfait, another newly-released summer product, but Soutarou stopped me. It seems that the payment will be waived if you finish the giant parfait within 30 minutes, and furthermore you will receive a 5000 yen food voucher. It's a matter that has to be tackled seriously.

"Noiーsy, Mako-chan. I don't want to be told by someone who's eating cake."

"You're the noisy one. This cake is a new product, y'know."

There's 10 more days till the end-of-term test. I think the first day is Mathematics II・B, Biology I and Music. Well, to begin with, casting aside Music which I'm poor at, I'm demoralised due to the array of science subjects I'm poor at.

Modern Japanese, Traditional Japanese, Chinese Literature, World History and Japanese History were originally my forte, so I think I can do even without studying too much for those, but the sciences are a complete no-no. Still, it's much better than ballgames.

If I'm not wrong, Mitsuki should also be better at humanities. Additionally, the arts should also be her forte. That's why, all the more I have to study the sciences so I can teach her.
It's all for the sake of raising Mitsuki's specs. I must work hard at studying.

Let's first finish eating this cake, then study for dear life.

"Oh right, Mako-chan went to observe the Karate Club, huh?"

"Ahh, un, just a bit the other day. I'm not joining the club though."

Speaking of a cool guy it's strength, and speaking of strength I thought of tile-breaking, so I went to observe the Karate Club the other day.

However, when I heard about it in more details, even women can do things like tile-breaking as long as you get the knack. And in the first place, the only time they do tile-breaking is during the performance for the freshmen welcome party, so or I heard.